General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Full screen photo viewing

Would it be possible (for web version) to add a full-screen or larger screen viewing mode (similar to Picasa, Flicker, etc)?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Perhaps add a last initial to the name for a member that is commenting on a photo when there are duplicate names on one account.

For example I have an Aunt Mary and a Grandma Mary. When either of them comments or likes a photo, it just says 'Mary commented on a new photo.' So it can be tricky to figure out which Mary had left a message. Is it possible to add a last initial--Mary R ?? Or maybe when a new member accepts an invite and they have a duplicate name, they could be prompted to type how they could be identified--'Aunt Mary' for example. I have to say though, my entire family ADORES lifecake :) thank you lifecake team!!

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a really interesting idea, Christina! We’ll have a think about how we can do this.

In the meantime, if you get the latest version of lifecake from the App Store, if you tap on the ‘Share with Family’ section, you can then see all your family. If you tap on one of them – maybe Grandma Mary – you can give them a nickname. Only you will see this, but it might at least help you distinguish the two for the time being!

Thanks for the great idea – we’ll get back on this one.

• Support tags from other packages (Photoshop elements, Flickr etc...)

I currently tag and star my photos in Photoshop elements and then upload into Flickr where I put the best photos into sets. Would be great if you could import these. (> 3 stars = lifecake favourite?) I currently use Photobox's Flickr integration to import sets into their albums for printing. 1-1 mapping between sets and albums makes it easy for me to find photos to print.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks, Jon! Part of our mission is to save people time, so we will definitely have a think about how we can inherit the work you do elsewhere when you import content, as long as those services share that information. (Unfortunately some apps are not so generous. We’ve seen quite a few apps that delete titles and dates from photos when exporting :-(

Just to show you that we’re already thinking as you do, when you use our Desktop Uploader (available for free from our Website), if you drag in folders from your computer, we automatically tag content with the name of that folder. So, for example, if you drag in a folder called ‘Spain holiday’ to upload, we will tag all those photos with ‘Spain holiday’, so you can find them easily in lifecake.

We’ll let you know when we have anything updated on this!

• More information on e-mail invite

A lot of the people who I invited from the android app deleted the invitation because they thought it was spam. I had to chase them up to tell them it was a legit invite.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks very much, Gareth! We’ve been looking at how to make these emails clearer, so they won’t get lost or seem like SPAM.

What kind of additional information do you think might have helped in your case? We’d love to get your thoughts.

• Change the sizes of the timeline blocks

Would be great to be able to change the size of the blocks in the timeline.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • I think your program struggles to find dates from photos taken using Instagram.

They appear in clusters on the date of upload. I don't know if that's something it's possible to resolve?
                Also for some reason Dec 31st is appearing as the most recent date in my timeline, after today.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! And thanks very much for the feedback.

Some programmes, like Instagram, change the date the picture was taken (usually to the date that they edited it) or remove it completely. Which can be very frustrating for you and us!

Really sorry about that, but you can manually change the dates for your content, both on the phone or on your computer on our Website. There is information how to do that here:
                  https://lifecake.uservoice.com/admin/faqs/136149/

Thanks a lot for your patience!

• Change the title (tab) text

In Chrome, all you can see is 'lifecake | all your childre' - at least on the tabs on my screen (Win7 laptop) - maybe for tabbed browsers it could just say 'lifecake | <name of child>'?

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Master Layouts

From my understanding, everyone's lifecake can be customized (ie, for different viewers of the same child). We thought it might be nice to have an option to turn that off, and let the owner dictate the layout (if they choose that option), and be able to then prioritize/feature certain content.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Nick!

The way it works now is that the parents of the child will dictate what others in the family see by default: which content is highlighted and which is tucked away in the ‘drawer’.

But others in the family can over-ride these preferences if they move content around. Is this what you mean, or do you think parents should be able to lock things so others in the family cannot over-ride these preferences?

Nick

• Bulk change dates

Hi, I see the date changing feature (though it's super tiny and easy to miss!) but I'd love to be able to change dates in bulk.

I hope you support multiple layouts / re-arranging pictures soon!

Great job so far, the website looks beautiful. My wife will love this!

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks very much, Pedro. In the next week we plan to make the date changing – and the tagging to a child – much more visible. You’re right: they are not clear.

As far as changing bulk dates of content, we will assess this. But lifecake should be putting everything in the correct date for you. Every time a file is uploaded with a date format we can’t find or don’t understand, our system adjusts itself to read the new format. Can you tell me where/how you took the photos or videos which are not going to the correct date?

Many thanks for the idea! Keep them coming, please :-)

1 2 3 5 Next →
                      • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base