General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. I want to be able to see other peoples lifecakes and not just mine. Want to see pictures of other users babies on my app for my iphone

Is there a way that I can add someone else's baby to my lifecake. Not me adding their picture but me be able to like and comment on their lifecake while on my app for my lifecake. I don't like having to using webpage to look at other lifecakes. I want too be able to click on other users lifecake somehow and pull up their pictures!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, many thanks for your feedback.

We sure understand the excitement to share your child’s photos with your loved ones, and to be able to get connected to other families :) However at Lifecake, we believe the parent/s should have the full control over who sees their baby’s photos. This is why we have decided to create a 100% private platform where you cannot search for a family / baby but can only be invited to get connected to a baby.
      If there is a Lifecake that you would like to be connected to, please contact the parent/s so that they can send you an invitation.

Please let us know if you have further questions or feedback.
      Have a great day,
      The Lifecake Team

• 3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Sanna,
        We used to have to Google import on iOs and recently took it off the app as Google didn’t maintain their iOS sdk for more than 4 years and it was causing more bugs than successfully import pictures.
        If google update their sdk in the near future, we will for sure add it back on Lifecake.
        The Lifecake team

• Change "Add Child" to "Add Family Member or Friend"

We've just added our first Lifecake for new baby Eila. Our sister turned us onto this site for her boy Bodie. Seeing the timelines mashup gives you a sense of being "present" in terms of seeing a timeline of family events for different children in a single feed.

This idea can be recognized far behind just a child. We are testing this theory as we have "added a child" but we named the "Child" "Leah and Ryan", us the parents of Eila. The idea is that we will use Lifecake for ourselves, the parents, to privately share our regular activities…

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for the suggestion, Ryan, and so sorry for the delay in responding.

We have quite a few customers (and some in our team) who create Lifecakes for family members who are not children. But for now we are staying focused on children, as there is so much more we want to do. But there is certainly no stopping people using Lifecake in this way :-)

In terms of more granular privacy controls, we have a few suggestions on that elsewhere, and it would be greta if you could vote for those.

Thanks so much!

• Upgrade requires 6.0, will not work on the older machines. why?

My request is to make life cake available for older systems. Why are you shutting them out with the latest upgrade?

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • upload speed

will be useful to limit the upload speed in order not to saturate the bandwidth

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Alessandro. So sorry for the delay in responding.

We’ve decided not to do this, as our customers generally ask for the fastest possible upload and we think adding more settings might only confuse people.

Really sorry we can’t accommodate this request, but please keep the suggestions coming.

Have a great day!

• Change around

Rather than having the most recent first which is great if you just wanna show recent photos but if want to show story of life then the oldest photo should be first.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Thanks a lot for taking the time to write to us.

We’ve spoken with lots of customers on this, and the consensus was that people preferred to see the most recent first.

Sorry we can’t accommodate this, but thanks a lot for taking the time to write us and please keep the suggestions coming!

Have a great day :-)

• make it possible share the link on Facebook

It would be a lot easier to add family members that way

6 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Samantha! Thanks so much for the suggestion.

To keep Lifecake secure we don’t share links to Facebook or other social networks, but there is an option for any photo to share that photo itself to Facebook (from our Website, iOS and Android apps).

Hope this helps!

• allow automatic deletion of photos from camera roll once they have been uploaded to Lifecake

Once the photo has been uploaded to Lifecake I do not require it to be kept on my camera roll as this is simply a duplication of the same content which takes up phone memory.

I auto-sync my camera roll to Flickr and currently I have to manually delete the photos uploaded to Lifecake. I have no clear way of identifying which photos I have already uploaded from within the camera roll.

When you use a USB stick from a camera, you are always given the option to delete the photos on the memory card, once they have been uploeded…

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Ross! Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately Apple don’t allow developers to delete photos or videos from the camera roll. So we’d be unable to do this, although we can certainly understand the desire.

But if Apple changes their mind, we would certainly look at this again.

Please keep the suggestions coming!

Nick

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base