I suggest you ...

Uploads failing in the new iOS app

Since the most recent mobile app update videos and pictures will not upload. Tried multiple times and it always says "upload failed". Please fix so we can keep using the app!!

113 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  EdAdminEd (Admin, lifecake) responded  · 

Hi

We’re hugely sorry for the trouble caused. There have been a few issues related to upload but the main one was caused because we ‘showed’ Photostream in the list of available albums to upload from (it isn’t possible to upload from here …and even if it were, the quality of photos/videos is reduced).

This has been fixed and an update is currently in review with Apple. In the mean time, if you:

1. Sign out
    2. Sign back in
    3. Select moment to upload (but pls don’t select Photostream as source folder)

And please let our customer support team know if you still run into any issues at support@lifecake.com.

Many apologies,
    Ed & the Lifecake team.

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GZGZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The app keeps kicking me out. It doesn't recognize my email and won't let me sign back in. I deleted and reinstalled but it still won't work.

• MagdalenlMagdalenl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using Lifecake for ages, but now I can't access it, can't scroll and can't upload since you began a new format. I don't get notifications any more either.

From doting great -aunt!

• Lisa TaylorLisa Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the updates version photos are being duplicated up to 5 times each and no audio on videos?!?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Uploads are very slow or do not work at all particularly on videos. Also you cannot zoom into picture for the detail to select the right shot to upload. Please fix asap

Uploads are getting duplicated. Please fix this. While you're at it, maybe add a "select" function so that it can be easier to delete multiple images at once instead of one by one.

Im still having this issue despite logging out and back in again. This needs to be fixed asap or im leaving Lifecake, there is no point having a photo record site you cant upload photos to!

• christine.craigchristine.craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue as well. I am able to upload from the web on a desktop computer but cannot upload from my iPhone using the app... all uploads fail. This is starting to become a big issue as I upload pictures every day. When can we expect this to be resolved?

I was a fan of the older version, even on the new version when uploading using the desktop the upload process is very disjointed, I constantly have to refresh the screen to see the pictures that I just uploaded. in some cases, I have the issue of it uploading a picture twice and when I remove the one I thought was the duplicate, it removes both and when I upload again and I can only see 1, other people can see the duplicate.

• Tanisha OsortoTanisha Osorto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm getting ready to get billed again for VIP and haven't been able to use this app since the update. Although I truly love this app, I think a few days of refunding are in order. We're not getting the services we paid for.

• LizLiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Uploads failing for me too. So disappointed - a months credit would be a good gesture ... Paying for vip and can't use the space I am paying for

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base