I suggest you ...

Why do you need access to MY photos (new iOS app)?

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Linda LaBashLinda LaBash shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  DenizAdminDeniz (Admin, lifecake) responded  · 

Hi Linda. So sorry for the confusion on this. It was a mistake – where you’re NOT a parent in Lifecake, you should only be asked for Camera Roll access IF you initiate the upload flow. We are fixing this and it will be released in the next 2 weeks.

In the mean time, please do note that by granting us permission, it just allows us to display your photos in ‘select view’ should you wish to upload a photo/video. It you don’t trigger this action (selecting the + button) we don’t touch or look at your pics at all …and we don’t have an auto-upload function in Lifecake, so no danger there either.

Sorry for the trouble.
    Ed & the Lifecake team.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't I get on to see pics of grandson!?! Yes, I forgot password, but my email is valid. Why can't I reset??

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! This is super annoying. (And I happen to be trying to see photos of my niece as well.) I don't want to upload photos from my phone, but the app insists it have access to my photos. This is a privacy concern and hesitate to open the app.

Feedback and Knowledge Base