I suggest you ...

allow users to change their email address

I'd like to be able to change the email address associated with my Lifecake account. However, when I go into Settings on the web site, it seems I can only change my name and password.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jed WJed W shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JklJkl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to change my email account. I now see different family members in two different accounts because I cannot change my email of one to the others. This is insane. Be useful and be viable please!

• KatieKatie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be so helpful! I have one friend who invited me via one of my email addresses and another friend who invited me on a separate email address. I now have to log in, log out, and log in under a different email address just to see both timelines.

The fact that there is no way to consolidate those two is not only extremely frustrating but evidence of blatant indifference to the end user. Makes me exceedingly unlikely to choose Lifecake for myself out of fear of the heartache and frustration that users like Donald have had to endure without, apparently, a single response from admin.

• DonaldDonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry cant change my email now for my lifecake account. Its already been changed at work so I cant log on to lifecake once I have logged off this time. bye all off to look for another cloud app....

Close your account is probably the easiest thing to do. there are a lot of cloud apps out there that are easier to manage.

admin have said. Allowing you to change your email is not important to us. In fact all we will do is look to add this in the future. future is anywhere between the next couple of seconds or sometime never.

This is a very important issue, as I am leaving my current job and will no longer be able to access the email account associated with my Lifecake account.

Request: When you do allow users to change email account, please do not require them to validate through the old email address. Please find questions of a phone call to validate their identities.

allow users to change their email address

I'd like to be able to change the email address associated with my Lifecake account. However, when I go into Settings on the web site, it seems I can only change my name and password.

• Henrik OlsenHenrik Olsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important issue, as I am leaving my current job and will no longer be able to access the email account associated with my Lifecake account.

Request: When you do allow users to change email account, please do not require them to validate through the old email address. Please find questions of a phone call to validate their identities.

• chris hilbertchris hilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Likewise I had a lifecake account and have now switched from virgin to sky so my old email address I can no longer use. How can I change the email address for logging in? thanks

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I invited my Mum to life cake with her ISP provided email address. She has now switched ISPs and we can't change her account email address.

Feedback and Knowledge Base