I suggest you ...

Lightroom plugin

This is a great service!

Is there any chance you could write an export plugin for Adobe Lightroom. I'm sure photographers are drawn to a service like this and a direct export from the most popular enthusiast editing software would make the upload process much easier.

Keep up the good work!

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VinceVince shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Vince! Thanks so much for your email.

We have been thinking about plug-ins for iPhoto and Lightroom and apps, and we hope to have them for our desktop apps. We’ll keep you posted when something like that is coming!

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My family and I love using Lifecake to share our images, but having a Lightroom plug-in would make the process much more streamlined. Now I upload my pictures to Lightroom, make any adjustments, export from Lightroom, upload to Lifecake, then delete temporary image export file on the hard drive. A rather cumbersome process. A plug-in would also help me manage which images have been uploaded and which haven't. Right now, I have to verify my Lightroom catalog against what is on Lifecake to make sure I have uploaded everything and keep my eye out for duplicates. Since this suggestion has been "Under Review" for so long, can you provide an update about what is happening?

• lukeluke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this app so much, but this is the one thing that is bugging me. My favourite subject for photography is my kids and when I've done all my editing etc in Lightroom I'd love to be able to easily publish it to my favourite platform for sharing photos of my kids. Come on guys, I'd even pay a few bucks for this.

• VinceVince commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HI Nicholas, that was quick!

I'm not sure I would necessarily need a desktop app if there's a lightroom plugin.

Another way to do this might be to have a helper that monitors a particular folder on the computer and automatically uploads the photos with IPTC/EXIF. So the same folder I synchronise to my iphone is automatically available to others through the lifecake app.

Feedback and Knowledge Base