I suggest you ...

Push notifications for new content

The one thing I'd really like push notifications for is when another member of the family adds new content as new content can sometimes be buried or not immediately obvious on the home screen. At the moment, I don't find out until the end of the week when the email arrives. This would be particularly nice when I'm working away from home or the kids are on holiday with the grandparents.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dr Congo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminDeniz (Admin, lifecake) responded  · 

Hi, Dr Congo!

We hear you, and we’re planning this one.

One question we have for you: how often would you like to receive these? For example, if you are away from the kids and the grandparents add 15 photos during the day, would you prefer to get a notification each time or just once at the end of the day?

In the meantime, one thing you can do is change your email settings so you get an email every day content is added, not just at the end of the week.

To do that, on your iPhone or iPad:
    - Tap on the icon in the top left (for notifications)
    - When the notification pane appears, tap on the Settings icon at the top
    - Under ‘Notifications’ tap on the email icon next to ’Comment added. This will uncheck emails. If you tap it again, you will get a choice of Daily or Weekly.

To do that on the Web:
    - Tap on the Settings icon in the top right
    - Tap on the Notifications area
    - Change the email settings for content to be daily.

We’ll let you know when the push notifications come!

Nick

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dr Congo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nicholas

Thanks for the response, good to hear it's planned. Personally I'd like to receive a notification for each addition – by which I mean, if 1 pic or 10 are added at once a single notification is received. If 10 pics are added individually over the course of a day, then 10 notifications are received. I can see how others might find this annoying though.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base