I suggest you ...

Make some family viewers only

Can you invite family that you want to view your content but not be able to comment on it?

634 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michelle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

59 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So appreciate seeing our Great Grand Children, each day. The day begins with smiles. This would not happen without Lifecake! Too many miles between Them and us, their Great Grand Parents. Many Thank you's!

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the cake and am glad as a grandparent that I can still "See" my grandson who I rarely get to "SEE".

Definitely need to have admin privileges, medium, and viewer privileges. Having people who don't understand the app who keep uploading random pictures is annoying.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since Canon purchased Lifecake it is clear they don't care about what users actually want/need but their intent is to make money... Canon will never change! Silly me to believe in them!

• Mrs P Farr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

definitely need to enable people to view only. I don't understand why this wasn't an original feature. So easy to implement.

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How stupid must you people be to not have this feature already since 2013? Do you need better developers? Come on its been almost 4 years.

Decided not to use lifecake because of this issue. Such an easy fix, 3 levels of permissions, make level 3 without comment and voila you win plenty customers. Not having the social side of things shoved down our throats is the whole reason people want to use sites like lifecake instead of facebook.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If i can't block a certain someone from commenting I'm going to have to delete the app. This needs to be a feature

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love lifecake, but am close to uninstalling as I MUST be able to restrict certain family members from uploading photos, or else allow upload but then require admin approval.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have someone in mine who comments on everything with annoying messages. I can't delete them as they are a family member I wish I could stop them commenting but let them see the photos x

• Ste commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C'mon people! The whole point of the app is privacy! It's been 3 years users are asking about it....

Have there been any changes in inviting family to view photos? I was told that since Canon took over Lifecake that there are changes to inviting family. What changes are they?

• B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why has this been under review for three years?! When will this be addressed??

• B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let parents decide who can comment on photos. I'm very close to deleting this app because of a family member who writes strange comments.

• Mimi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do I have to share my photos in order for lifecake to open? Is that new? I just noticed it after I uploaded my phones software. I just want to look at my granddaughters pics, not upload any of my photos I can see where people would get upset if others uploaded pics to their accounts. There definitely should be restrictions and I don't see why you need access to my pics when I'm never going to post any. Should I be sending an email to lifecake or do they reply to these comments?

• Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. As the admin/parent I'd like to be the only person posting the pictures. It would be great if there was an option to restrict the other users from uploading pictures

• Kelly Reark Borza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to allow invited persons to VIEW my photos but NOT DOWNLOAD, UPLOAD, SHARE or do anything else to them!!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base