I suggest you ...

Make some family viewers only

Can you invite family that you want to view your content but not be able to comment on it?

544 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MichelleMichelle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carol RodeCarol Rode commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this idea. If the parents wanted to post their children on social media they would already have done it and others don't have the right to do it without their permission. Sure the children's pics are cute, but let the parents share them. Pictures can go viral and you have no control over who might see them on social media. Lifecake is great because the parents choose the viewers, but if the viewers think they can go pasting a child's picture everywhere then the parents lose that control.

• Seré AltebrandoSeré Altebrando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. I would like to control who can have what level of access as far as downloading and uploading. If I could also share some pictures with certain groups that'd be great.

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a function to limit family members ability to upload photos.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm more concerned about limiting the ability to upload/download, but I think limiting the ability to comment should also be possible.

There are many other services/social media platforms which offer fine grained permissions - why not be able to tick a box for each user re viewing, downloading, uploading, commenting, loving, and sharing on social media?

I love lifecake, but this issue is really holding me back from sharing it more widely...

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be so great. I appreciate the drive for simplicity but I think here flexibility wins out over a little extra complexity - facebook has multiple permission levels very successfully.

This is really holding me back sharing our baby's lifecake more widely. I want to 'curate' the stream, to make it concise and appealing for people to flick through rather than full of lots of overlaps, duplicates etc. At the moment I have to have this conversation with everyone I invite, it would be so much easier (and more reliable!) if there was a standard permission level to just view and comment.

If people who are given this privacy setting click on the '+' button, they could just see a message asking them to email their photos to the parent perhaps?

Thumbs up also to the idea of limiting sharing to social media - one of the main reasons we're using lifecake is because we don't want photos of our baby all over social media..

• Rachel HoutmanRachel Houtman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a family member who makes inappropriate comments regularly (mostly about our parenting as "jokes"), but it would cause major strife for us to make it so she couldn't comment at all. I'd like to be able to delete comments when necessary. Yup, not confronting the problem, we confront enough with this person all ready.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want family to be able to see the photos but not to be able to upload them to social media...it would be great if we could select permissions...

My mom started uploading random photos of people I don't even know to my son's photo alums. Not cool, and I have to have a conversation with her that will be totally uncomfortable and to me that should need to be in the first place but that's my mom! She obviously just doesn't get the point of lifecake.

I'd love a permission level for family members to only be able to view content, rather than adding anything

• JoannaJoanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just ask them not to comment. and if they can't handle that level of communication, then don't share photos with them.

• Jeroen JansenJeroen Jansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really appreciate this feature. Another 'permission' that I am keen to see, is the possibility to disable sharing or direct posting to Facebook. Currently everybody you invite to Lifecake has a button to share things directly on Facebook. We decided to use Lifecake because we don't want anything on Facebook. It would be really helpful if we as parents could control who can and who cannot share any of the content beyond Lifecake.

Thanks for this great product.

I'd like everyone to be able to comment, like, etc, but would prefer to be able to restrict who can download pictures. Not being able to stop people downloading photos and doing what they like with them is stopping me sharing this great product with my extended family.

• JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible for you to create a new setting which allows certain people to only view photos and not download them from lifecake?

• bcherngbcherng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I set up a life cake for my daughter and added my wife as partner but sister and mother in law as family.

My sister set up a life cake for her children and added me as family.

My wife can now see my sister's children but my mother-in-law can't.

Partners should have to be explicitly invited by another member instead of defaulting to the same permissions as the member who set up the account.

• SarahSarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to be able to delete comments from family, but now I can't - help!

• RGTRGT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also want to be able to disable downloads. I was under the impression this was an option...I might just have to stick to my Flickr account instead!

Would it be possible to create a content approval process on the site? This Content Approval Process would allow the parents to approve/deny the uploaded content before it appears on the timeline.

Feedback and Knowledge Base