I suggest you ...

Make some family viewers only

Can you invite family that you want to view your content but not be able to comment on it?

551 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MichelleMichelle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SarahSarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to be able to delete comments from family, but now I can't - help!

• RGTRGT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also want to be able to disable downloads. I was under the impression this was an option...I might just have to stick to my Flickr account instead!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible to create a content approval process on the site? This Content Approval Process would allow the parents to approve/deny the uploaded content before it appears on the timeline.

• AmeliaAmelia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I see from a similar comment that you used to offer this feature. I'd really like to be able to have another option than just family or parent for sharing. I would like to create a group/ settings that can view the album, but that can't download or upload photos to it.

Thanks!

Amelia

• AmeliaAmelia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I see from a similar comment that you used to offer this feature. I'd really like to be able to have another option than just family or parent for sharing. I would like to create a group/ settings that can view the album, but that can't download or upload photos to it.

Thanks!

Amelia

• AmitAmit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a new user, and I love the concept of this site! gathering photos from all the different sources and placing them on a time line which I can share privately. However, I would like to be able to be the only one who upload contents and have full control on what is on my boy's life cake page.

I am aware i can delete content which I don't want, but it has the potential of adding too much overhead to the maintenance of the page which is opposite of its purpose.

• MelissaMelissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a great website/app for our new family addition. One reason I love this app is the privacy it offers (inviting only those we wish). One reason I don't use or like Facebook is that anyone can add photos of my baby without my permission. I would like a website where only the parents can add content. I like to have control as to which photos of my child are posted. I love having family members comment and love photos, I just don't want them adding content.

• Beth SandersBeth Sanders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I as a parent, want to be the only one to be able to post to the site. However, it is fun to have others be able to comment on what we post. If someone is savy enough to get on the site and use it in any capacity, then they should not be confused about levels of permissions. I agree with the comment about hurting someone's feelings when I remove a photo that I don't want on the site, but I will do it if I have to...just don't want to if it can be avoided.

• natalie rowellnatalie rowell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with anonymous comment below on 11.22.13 that we as parents would want to be able to allow family to view/comment for two main reasons he list. I'm hesitant to share with people other than my husband for this reason and then the site is not as promotable as you all would like. If there are users not tech savvy enough to understand how to use the permission control, then maybe set the default to full control, but allow people like me to restrict access to family.

thank you for a great app. Hope this will be something I can share with family in the near future!

• David BrookDavid Brook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a very important development these days ; essentially, the resulting Lifecake product is for the child. What we DON'T want is people using the comments facility as if it is Facebook, but that's difficult to prevent because it's too natural for Facebook users - we end up with day-to-day conversations in here, which is not the core idea. Those are for Facebook, this is ( the brilliant, and now indispensable ) Lifecake.

• UpasanaUpasana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Erin , family should be able to comment n like only . The option downloading picture or vedio should b with parents only :) .

• Erin Erin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to disable likes and downloading as well. We want to share pictures with family, but don't want them to be able to take them and make them their own.

• IpekAdminIpek (Chief Satisfaction Officer, lifecake) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really appreciate you taking the time to give this perspective, Adam. It's really helpful for us to understand your situation more.

We'll discuss at one of our team lunches this week and come back with some thoughts. We don't want to promise something we won't deliver soon, so we will get a sense from the team - and also see about votes on the idea from other customers and come back soon.

But in the meantime, thanks again for giving such a helpful perspective on this.

Have a great weekend!

Hi Nicholas. Beautiful site! My wife and I love it and definitely find it useful. IMO, not allowing additional permissions is a mistake. As parents we want to be able to allow family to view/comment for two main reasons: 1) We want to maintain control of the images going up in the timeline 2) We want to be sure the quality of images (resolution/shots) are of high caliber (can't trust grand parents with their shaky hands to get quality shots all the time). If were to delete their images once they uploaded they would probably be hurt (so avoiding this situation all together is preferable). Also, people will take photos which we don't think make our baby or us look the best and as the permissions are now, they can then upload those images.

I don't understand why having this additional permission level would create confusion for people. Default it to the current permission and then allow parents to reduce permissions. I think most of your clients will be web savvy users so I can't imagine this will confuse too many people.

I don't want family to be able to add content. Only view and comment. How can I do this?

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base