I suggest you ...

Allow Video Share

We have options to share pictures or download them back to our phone but our videos have zero options. Once we upload them to your site, we can't do anything with them. Can you add a share to Facebook or YouTube feature or even download back to our phone? I'm using life cake as storage and have found that I can't get any of the video back to my phone to share with people that don't have a life cake account. Thank you!

138 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TammieTammie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  IpekAdminIpek (Chief Satisfaction Officer, lifecake) responded  · 

Hi, Tammie! So sorry for the delay in responding to this.

To download videos, you can download all your original photos and videos via the ‘Download all’ option in Settings on our Website. Just so you know.

But we will look at downloading individual videos and get back to you!

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carolyn JonesCarolyn Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm trying to c videos of my granddaughter, who lives in Germany btw, and it won't let me!!!! One came up in the beginning, but now I can't get it anymore. What's going on? This is my wat to stay connected with them. Plz advise. Thx

• Ron SpringerRon Springer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Video Downloader Professional" for Chromium (linux) works fine, but the 'file name' defaults to "Home for your childs story.mp4"

• Michael Trivino PersonalMichael Trivino Personal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree with this video comment. Would be great to get some sort of sharing or downloading arrangement for videos. Many friends don't have lifecake, so would love to send them links to videos.

• Roger TeshimaRoger Teshima commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am interested in creating a show including some video clips. Is there a target date sometime soon for this option or should I be looking at an alternative method of getting these videos from the website? I don't have an Android device.

• QuQu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very much appreciated if you added a feature that enables us to save videos from the Livecake application to camera roll. Also, play videos without having the need to connect to a wifi, 3G, or any other internet connection.
        Many thanks.

• Jo ForbesJo Forbes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with previous posters. I use Lifecake as a way of saving my photos and videos so that I can then free up space on my ipad/iphone for more. I didn't realise when signing up for Lifecake that I would not be able to retrieve my videos without downloading everything I've saved to Lifecake. This seems crazy. Please please make this change!

• Grant CooperGrant Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Website download would be great. In the meantime I just download to my Android device and then e-mail saved videos to me PC. Long winded but works and would be much appreciated if website download of videos was possible soon.

• Sam RyeSam Rye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Tammie - why not just share directly from the device you took the video on (presuming it's a smart phone)? Share from gallery instead of Lifecake?

• PaulinePauline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add that having an option to share links to individual videos and photos would be great, rather than just sending the photo via email or sharing through Facebook. There have been so many times I've wanted to share a video to a family member/friend but didn't want to make it public on Facebook. Thank you!

• Candice  PhoenixCandice Phoenix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like to show the pictures and videos to aunt without internet so would like to download on USB drive? Is this possible?

Feedback and Knowledge Base