I suggest you ...

truly allow us to opt out of notifications. .. even when its set to not receive them in settings

I have opted out of notifications in my settings I've checked it 3 or 4 times and yet I still get 75 emails s day saying that someone is commented on a picture... No matter whether I follow the links for the app, going through my laptop, or my phone it says I should not be gettig notifications yet I get a million emails a day... Helpl

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminIpek (Chief Satisfaction Officer, lifecake) responded  · 

Hi, Cathy. So sorry about this hassle.

We are working on this right now – so everyone can easily unsubscribe from comment emails – but in the meantime we have turned off comment emails for you in the system. (In the app you had turned off notifications but not emails, and we can see how that might not be as clear as it should be in the app currently).

Hope this helps!

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ewelina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no way off turning off the notifications. I get like 30 emails a day, which I really don't want. The answer about you working on this is from 2014. Has anything changed or happend, that we can't find easily in the app on the iphone??? Please do something about this.

• Anna Holdaway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why can't I control email notifications from the app as I can from my computer? I would like to know when people post a new photo but not when someone likes or messages. I can do this on the computer but can't find an option on my iPhone app. Some of my friends and family only have the app and are finding the constant emails annoying but can't turn them off. Surely you can sort this out as it obviously turns people off using lifecake.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here- will you please please please turn off my email notifications. Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes-please turn OFF my email notifications. I've turned everything off that I can see to turn off in the app. I do not receive notifications in my phone screen, but my email is still FULL of Lifecake emails. Help! I check the Lifecake app almost daily to see updates, I don't need to know every time someone else comments or likes a photo.
        Thanks for working on this common problem!

• binsy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't turn off email notifications either. Please turn them off!

Thanks.

• Mazola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I have tried to get to notifications to turn off comment emails but can't seem to do this. Please can you do this for me.
        Thanks

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base