I suggest you ...

Please make your books more customisable, with the option to include all content!

Hi!
I'm a big fan of the look and functionality of the LifeCake website and app! Ultimately, I'm looking to print content in a book though, so I'm still waiting on some features and hope you'll consider adding them in the future. Specifically, it'd be great if all content, including stories and comments, could be included and there was an option for multiple pictures/stories per page.
I recently stumbled across My Social Book and would love being able to print books of a similar look from LifeCake. Do you think your books will deliver similar features in the future?

384 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JohannaJohanna shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  IpekAdminIpek (Chief Satisfaction Officer, lifecake) responded  · 

Hi, Johana! So sorry for the delay in responding, but we’re glad you’re enjoying the app and Website.

We do want to provide more options in our photobooks in the future for sure. Right now we’re focusing on customer requests within our app and Website, though, so we’re unsure when we will have this. But we will update this as soon as we do.

And in the meantime, just so you know: we have an option on our Website in Settings to ‘Download all’. With this you can download all your content – in full quality and in monthly, organised folders – so you can still print books on other sites in the time being.

Thanks for your patience and your feedback!

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AlissaAlissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to be able to add text, baby book pages, and stories. Also would love the option for more than 1 photo per page.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I assumed I could print the entire content in a book! That's why I signed up... is this not possible?

• KerrieKerrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add more options to the photo book, would like to add more than one image per page. Like everyone else, I love this app but would really like to create photo books.

• CatCat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow me to put several less important photos on a page. I'd still like to see them, but I don't need a whole page dedicated to them.

• Lara WickesLara Wickes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just another request for stories, more text, more layout options for the printed book. This is supposed to be my daughter's baby book, and while it is nice to have the online content, I would really like a printed keepsake. Cute backgrounds, milestone pages, and showing people's comments would be nice options too. Other apps (like Tweekaboo) already have this happening! Please catch up, as Lifecake is my favorite for daily use.

• Makell SouthworthMakell Southworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add to this request for more customized books. Specifically I want to make a book strictly using one of my tags, but there's not an option for this right now.

• LeslieLeslie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was super happy to have the option to make a photo book through Lifecake but it was so slow to make any photo changes - I got frustrated and started looking into other websites. It would be nice to have different layout options as well (like multiple photos per page).

• YahooYahoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely agree with the reasons and ideas surrounding the absolute need for a real and manageable photo book option. Maybe pair your site with Walgreens or shutterfly? Ideal would be to offer option for number of photos per page and allow those to include the date and comments of each as desired.

• Sierra BoyceSierra Boyce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sat down at the computer tonight with the intention of making several books for myself and my family members as holiday gifts, as we all use and love Lifecake and my favorite photos are stored here. After just ten minutes of messing around with your photo book program I am so frustrated by the lack of options and - even more - the difficulty of simply selecting a photo and placing it on a page, that I quit. It would take me hours to create just one book the way I want to because it insists on pre-selecting photos for me and I have to manually delete each one I wish to replace. I really look forward to any improvements you might be able to make in this arena.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your promotional email sent in December, 2015 depicts a little girl looking through a photo book with multiple images per page... this is FALSE ADVERTISING! Please allow us to choose layouts with multiple photos per page.

• LouiseLouise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the comments below. I'd liketo have the option of adding multiple images on one page and edit easily as with many other photo book creation sites. When Lifecake automatically selects photos for the book I would like it to also add the comments/storys that accompany that image and then give you the option to delete them if you wish.
        It looks as if this topic has been under review since 2013 - I really hope that 2 years on and since being bought by Cannon that this can be really looked at and a decision made asap as I love the online ability but very disappointed that I can't bring my childrens story to life in the hard book via this site.

• brittane2004brittane2004 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I would love to be able to put stories I write in the books we print. Is there a way to make this happen?

• Sara WilliamsSara Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have enjoyed documenting some milestones and stories each month. I'd love to be able to include them in the printed book!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea if you will make changes especially multiple pics on one page. I would really like a photo book but will probably go to a competitor if this isn't available soon

• AmandaAmanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is so hard to pick a favorite picture from a certain day so it would be nice to be able to put more than one per page.

• dfosborndfosborn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree completely with this. And it's not just stories that are important but descriptions and comments that go with a photo.
        This seems to have been planned for a while. Any idea when it will be included?

• pattipatti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree the entire reason it makes sense and is awesome is because of the stories and I don't want the photo book with out the stories. That would just be incomplete.

• natasha wrightnatasha wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it really is not enough writing space on the picture pages. it would be nice if you could entry the note entries that you do on the app on your phone. also another suggestion maybe allow a book to look more like the roll you see on the computer when you log in.

• QuintenQuinten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Lifecake,
        I have the same question - I love Lifecake and have written all those nice little stories so would really want to print it all together. When are you going to offer that option?
        Thanks!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base