I suggest you ...

Please make your books more customisable, with the option to include all content!

Hi!
I'm a big fan of the look and functionality of the LifeCake website and app! Ultimately, I'm looking to print content in a book though, so I'm still waiting on some features and hope you'll consider adding them in the future. Specifically, it'd be great if all content, including stories and comments, could be included and there was an option for multiple pictures/stories per page.
I recently stumbled across My Social Book and would love being able to print books of a similar look from LifeCake. Do you think your books will deliver similar features in the future?

394 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JohannaJohanna shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  IpekAdminIpek (Chief Satisfaction Officer, lifecake) responded  · 

Hi, Johana! So sorry for the delay in responding, but we’re glad you’re enjoying the app and Website.

We do want to provide more options in our photobooks in the future for sure. Right now we’re focusing on customer requests within our app and Website, though, so we’re unsure when we will have this. But we will update this as soon as we do.

And in the meantime, just so you know: we have an option on our Website in Settings to ‘Download all’. With this you can download all your content – in full quality and in monthly, organised folders – so you can still print books on other sites in the time being.

Thanks for your patience and your feedback!

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • natasha wrightnatasha wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it really is not enough writing space on the picture pages. it would be nice if you could entry the note entries that you do on the app on your phone. also another suggestion maybe allow a book to look more like the roll you see on the computer when you log in.

• QuintenQuinten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Lifecake,
        I have the same question - I love Lifecake and have written all those nice little stories so would really want to print it all together. When are you going to offer that option?
        Thanks!

• T MT M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wanted to second this opinion! I'll probably wait to order my son's 1st year book until I can include the stories I've written for him!

• JohannaJohanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm impatiently waiting for the option to include stories as well! I'd like to order a book for every child each year but I'm waiting for the story option to be released first. At this rate I'll have to order 20 at once when it is. :-D

• Jen and JamesJen and James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - no need to have one giant picture per page. I would just make a photobook on Walgreens.com or something similar.

• LianeLiane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple layouts would be ideal. But even 4 per page would make it more suitable for me to buy a photobook.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to books it would be ideal if the stories and photo info (titles, description, comments) were downloadable.

• Amélie MénardAmélie Ménard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Lifecake for sharing and managing photos of my LO. But I don't think I will order a book until stories can be included. I spent a lot of time writing them and I definitely want them printed.

• Amélie MénardAmélie Ménard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Lifecake for sharing and managing photos of my LO. But I don't think I will order a book until stories can be included. I spent a lot of time writing them and I definitely want them printed.

• MegPMegP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most photo book printing services allow for at least basic customisation of photo books e.g. choice of three cover styles, multiple photos per page. While I understand you might not want to go down a full customisation route, if you want to be able to compete with blurb, photo box etc, this would help customers to choose you for book printing (especially at that price point).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you release the option to print a photo book please have the option to print stories and photo descriptions and comments. You should be able to choose which ones you want to appear in book.

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base