I suggest you ...

have a form for capturing some specific information about the baby.

There should be a standard form to capture some specific information of the baby's life, such as day (as well as date) and time of birth, height and weight at birth (and perhaps monthly intervals), location of birth, gender, eye colour and hair colour. I know this can be done through notes, but a standard form that creates a specific nicely-formatted entry (or entries in terms of height/weight) plus photos would be quite nice. I know some of the journals available can collect data on amount of sleep/playing etc. but that's a bit too far into the realms of a log - my suggestion above is more some stated facts in a simple form.

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark CrawleyMark Crawley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  EdAdminEd (Admin, lifecake) responded  · 

Hi Mark! This is a great idea. You’re right in that today many people do this via our ‘stories’ feature but we could significantly improve the experience here. We’re exploring this idea of ‘milestones’ – we have a D.O.B marker but could expand it to include many of the key facts & stats you mention.

We definitely plan to add this in the future, and we will update here when we have it.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eugene GordinEugene Gordin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. I was thinking something like a milestone entry (first laugh, first smile, first step, etc.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base