I suggest you ...

Import from Dropbox & YouTube

Hi

Correct me if I am wrong but are the files for lifecake hosted on the Amazon servers? If so, so are the files from dropbox and using their API I don't think it would be too difficult to create an option to import from dropbox and the transfer speed would be quicker than say importing from your computer as they are on the same servers?

Also I think the service is more geared towards images and photo's, maybe due to keeping costs down? But it would be a great option to be able to import video from youtube (user could select quality from 320p to maybe max 720p?) as this would be a good option to have. I have loads of family video on YouTube but to upload them all again to another service would just take too long..

Thanks

Nick

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nick CollinsNick Collins shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  IpekAdminIpek (Chief Satisfaction Officer, lifecake) responded  · 

Hi, Nick! You can now import from Dropbox on both iPhone and Android. Give it a try!

We haven’t had many requests for YouTube – as it’s such a public platform – but if we get requests for that we will look to add it.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChenlingChenling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Ipek, I'm having trouble uploading from dropbox, when I select the option, I get the spinningwheel, but nothing else happens, it just keeps loading? It seems I'm not the only one having this issue. Could you please help us?

Feedback and Knowledge Base