I suggest you ...

Change "Add Child" to "Add Family Member or Friend"

We've just added our first Lifecake for new baby Eila. Our sister turned us onto this site for her boy Bodie. Seeing the timelines mashup gives you a sense of being "present" in terms of seeing a timeline of family events for different children in a single feed.

This idea can be recognized far behind just a child. We are testing this theory as we have "added a child" but we named the "Child" "Leah and Ryan", us the parents of Eila. The idea is that we will use Lifecake for ourselves, the parents, to privately share our regular activities with friends and family as they want to know and see what we do just as much as our singular child. It doesn't make sense for us to post a date night photo of Leah and I on Eilas timeline but our family would still want to see it.

In this respect, the applications are enormous. It would also be very helpful to include more granular control over privacy and sharing. Ex: making a lifecake timeline view only, restricting a follower from sharing or downloading any content.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RyanRyan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  IpekAdminIpek (Chief Satisfaction Officer, lifecake) responded  · 

Thanks so much for the suggestion, Ryan, and so sorry for the delay in responding.

We have quite a few customers (and some in our team) who create Lifecakes for family members who are not children. But for now we are staying focused on children, as there is so much more we want to do. But there is certainly no stopping people using Lifecake in this way :-)

In terms of more granular privacy controls, we have a few suggestions on that elsewhere, and it would be greta if you could vote for those.

Thanks so much!

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)