General

1. allow users to be able to create new folders as people require, not just for different children

Hi,
    I wanted to create a fresh folder for my child's second year. This would allow me to search more easily (I intended to create one for every year of his life - I imagine searching will become a complete pain by the time he reaches 18!) but also allows me to have different family and friends at different times of his life accessing the photos.
    It would also be nice to be able to set up separate folders for holidays or specific events where i can then let different friends and family access who may or may not be…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Memory of ‘on this day last year’

Create a ‘on this day last year’ memory so that you can view a post quickly from the same day last year

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Preserve the daily view

I have a goal of putting up one photo every day, but I sometimes let a month or more go by and with the old view it was easy to see which days I missed! Now if I miss a month or a couple random days it's a huge pain to figure out which days I still need to add pictures to cause I can't see the date under the photo. While I like your new view better, I wish I could switch back to the old view when adding photos. I have been using this for over a year…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. change the message on a password reset. "It happens to the best of us." is annoying, insulting, and patronising.

It is especially annoying if you need to do a password reset after installing the app on a new iPhone, when you haven't entered the password for two years.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Flip image

Please add an ability to flip the image vertically or horizontally. Some phones with selphie cameras do not flip image correctly, it would be a great option that after upload you could flip it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a web-based "screensaver" feature

I see there are some other screensaver feature requests already around. It would be really cool if you would create some integrations for Mac and Windows to easily use Lifecake as a screensaver, but:

Something easier for you I think would be to do a "web screensaver"; enter a fullscreen random timed display mode on the website. This would be kind of nice since I have multiple monitors at work; I could keep a maximized browser window open that would show me pictures, and when I need to use that screen I could just switch tabs or something.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Either use "like"or "love" in emails

When someone likes a photo or video I post, the email subject line says they like it, the first line of the email says they like it, and the main part of the email says they love it. It would be nice if it was consistent.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make the photos searchable by keyword

It would help if I can search pictures by keywords for when I want to show people a specific picture, especially if it's an older picture.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow photos to be taken from inside the app

Create ability to take photos from inside the app. You can do this inside whatsapp etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Flashbacks could be made available for browser version of lifecake

I cant find flashbacks available for browser version of lifecake. Hope they can be made available for the same

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. put back the dates when uploading photos on iphone

ahhhh!!!! I can't see the dates any more when I up load photos!!! I am so annoyed with life cake right now, that if all my photos weren't already here I would switch immediately to a different service. Now I have to switch back and forth between the photo viewer on my phone and the life cake app to see which date is which!!! this is going to take forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add back scrolling between preview photos on iphone

I use to be able to quickly scroll between photos previews my swiping my finger (when adding photos), now I have to hold my finger over each one!! This SUCKS!!!!
    this is the 3rd entry I have had tonight over various changes to the app and web experience, I am so annoyed with life cake that I give up and I'm going to bed. this isn't worth it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Review the set up process

Immediately upon joining and starting the account for my baby (due in a few months..) the app prompted me to upload 12 photos. There was no way around it and no way to proceed without uploading a full 12 instead of just 2-3 ultrasound pics as I wanted. This made for an incredibly poor first user experience. Not sure if this was some sort of glitch for now or what but while I seem to like the interface of Lifecake more than any other program I’ve played with, it was incredibly annoying and I’m not likely to choose this one…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show the age of twins when both are tagged

My twins are in a lot of photos together, so they are both tagged, but because 2 children are tagged it doesn't show their age at the bottom of the photo. Where 2 children have the same date of birth it could show the age on the photo when they are both tagged. (Since the age is the same!)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create themes matching progress, achievements and celebrations

It would we awesome if you could provide tasteful backgrounds, icons, stickers that we could incorporate into the timeline, such as sucking thumbs, grabbing, crawling, smiling, monthly/annual backgrounds, Mother's Day, Father's Day etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Send only most recent photos by date submitted by poster. Loading time for photo history takes to long.

Just send most recent photos by submitted date. History of past photos along with most recent photos takes to much time to load on computer. Thank you in this issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make Lifecake for groups of friends too.

There are 22 of us in one big group of friends and we go on holiday together, weddings, just go for a beer. It'd be amaaaazing to have a place to store all of our memories and group them into events/people.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Expand thumbnail

When I take several of the same picture essentially I want to choose the best. It's hard to distinguish the pictures as tiny thumbnails. Please provide an option to expand the size of the thumbnail to improve selection to upload to lifecake.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make it possible to schedule publications

I'm a distant relative, and I usually like to post photos of gifts to my niece's Lifecake. However, there's way to upload and scheudle a later time to post. This would come in handy for those of us on the run!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base