General

1. Photoframe Integration

I recently purchased a Pix-Star Wifi photo frame for all of my family members. The beauty of the frame is that it can automatically receive updates to the frame but having the photos sent to an email address. I find that when I post to Lifecake, I often have to separately email the photos to updates the frame. It would be wonderful if posted photos could emailed and "reflected" to an address attached to a family member. It would be amazing to add this integration or suggest a way I could receive updates to a photo frame. Alternatively, if Lifecake…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Josh! So sorry that there was a delay in responding to your suggestion.

We’re looking into how we can enable customers to integrate into photoframes in a simple way. And we’ll update in here when we know more.

In terms of Dropbox, you can actually import from Dropbox on your computer browser, iPhone/iPad or Android in the Lifecake app. It’s an option when you click or tap on +. Just let us know if you have any issues with this.

Have a great day!

2. Compare children at at same age ie both my children when they were 4 months

We all like to see the comparison of our children when they were the same age would be a great addition to the new then & now . Us at the same age !

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for this suggestion and so sorry for the delay. We have talked about this in the team a lot in the past – we’d love to do this – and it’s something we’re evaluating. We’ll update here when we know more about this.

Please keep the suggestions coming!

3. Swipe Right is FORWARD

Lifecake has Swipe Right and Swipe Left reversed. This is simply annoying. Please fix.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Ed here from the Lifecake team. We agree – we got this wrong and will start working on addressing this in the next 2 weeks. An update should be available from the app store in the next 3-4 weeks.

4. Upload order is backwards

when uploading photos, it would be very helpful if the order of photos within Lifecake were the same as on my iPhone's camera roll.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! We’ve had a lot of debate about this within the team …and a lot of talking with mums and dads. The overall consensus was that, for speed and convenience purposes, it makes sense for the newest moments to be found at the top. However, let’s see how popular this point is and whether we need to revisit our thinking here. Thanks, Ed

5. animated preview of videos like googleplus or facebook

When I selected which videos to upload from googleplus, the previews were animated. Now that they're uploaded, the preview thumbnails are all static... I have to click play to see them move.

I liked seeing the many animated thumbnails at once.
    Make this happen in the timeline too.

See google plus or facebook for examples.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Daniel! This is a great idea. We’d love to offer this functionality within our apps. We’ll start investigating how we can best make this happen. Have a great day! Ed

6. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Caroline! Thanks for the suggestion – and sorry we’re not getting back to you sooner. We will continue to add platforms from where you can import to Lifecake. We don’t yet have a schedule for OneDrive but we’ll let you know when we do.

- Ed, The Lifecake Team.

7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show all the names of people who have loved a moment as in mine it shows a few names of family members and not everyone?

Currently if a photo is liked, if several people have loved it, it shows up as eg;
    John, jack, kate, richa.....
    Yet there are several other people who have loved a moment and it doesnt show up?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We are very sorry for the delayed response on this. We are aware of this issue on our iOS Apps and we are working on a new design for Lifecake now – which will also fix this issue.

Thank you for your feedback.
    The Lifecake Team

9. Add multiple shipping addresses for photo books.

There is only one option for billing / shipping so I had to order a photo book to my house which I will then have to ship to someone else. This doesn't make sense, and is too time consuming. Plus with the holiday's it may not make it in time. what if I wanted to order the same book to several people?... would be nice to add this feature. It's pretty basic after all.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. slideshows

Slideshows should be available for Android and on the website.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Samantha! We cannot wait to add Flashbacks (slideshow’s new name) to Android. We plan to start building this function into the app this coming quarter. Thanks for the feedback! Ed

11. Then and Now

I really love the Then and Now's that you send to my email. I wish there were a way that you could do them in the timeline or as another option to save the ones that you have sent so we can download them and send them to others who do not have this. Also the adding music is cool but I do not have (nor do I plan on getting) an Iphone it would be cool if we could do it at least on the website.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Build a share app extension for iOS

To simplify adding recently taken photos to your child's lifecake there should be an option to share photos to lifecake from the iOS photo share menu.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to see the timeline label move along chronologically by Baby's age

Instead of having the timeline label be based on how many days or weeks ago the photo was uploaded, it would be more helpful to be labeled according to Baby's age as of the date of the photo (i.e. two weeks old, one month old, 6 weeks old, one year old, etc.).

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Slideshow with music is great but...

every song I selected was copyright . Can you filter so only available songs are shown?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jim! Thanks for the suggestion – it makes total sense and we’ll definitely investigate whether this is possible with a workaround. Today, we’re allowed access to the music you have in iTunes and we’re only given the copyright alert once you make your selection.

Thanks,
    Ed

15. Give admins control over notification defaults

The admin (me) should set up the notification defaults for people whom I add. My mom and dad and other elderly relatives aren't technologically savvy, and so when I add them, they'll get notifications on their smartphones as well as an email. I know them well enough to know that they don't want both, so it would be kind of nice if I could remotely set their notification preferences with an understanding that they could make changes if they decided to figure out how to do that.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be able to search for keywords in stories instead of just titles.

I want to search for keywords that might not be found in the title of the story.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a setting to upload only on wifi

To be able to choose in the settings an option to only upload photos and videos when on wifi. This would pause the upload if the wifi connection is lost , avoiding using a lot of the 4G data allowance if we go out before the upload has finished

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Elina. Huge apologies for this suggestion not being acted upon sooner. We had a lot of feedback on this point and so have already implemented this feature in Android and will be doing the same, soon, for iOS.

Ed, The Lifecake Team

18. add an date range / event timeline bar

We've just been on holiday. It would be great if there was a bar above the photos that indicated the holiday period. So as a user I could set start and end dates and then a label and it shows a bar to indicate the period we were away. It would be a way to show photos in a loose labelled time/event based group. Other labels might be '1st birthday' , 'Learned to walk', 'first shoes' etc these could then be searchable, and the photos could be filtered based on event...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a lot for this, Martin. We definitely want to be able to label milestones clearly in the timeline, so they’re easy to jump to and find. As we get closer we’ll reach out to see what you think of the design.

Thanks a lot for the great suggestion! Good to see we’re thinking alike :-)

19. Allow changing/editing of "days, weeks and months"

Instead of having a set "12 weeks" or "day one" you should be able to edit this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. File sizes

I would like to be able to upload larger file sizes. I have videos of my parents reading books to my LO and I would like to up load those videos, but they are between 10-20 mins long.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base