General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow Video Share

We have options to share pictures or download them back to our phone but our videos have zero options. Once we upload them to your site, we can't do anything with them. Can you add a share to Facebook or YouTube feature or even download back to our phone? I'm using life cake as storage and have found that I can't get any of the video back to my phone to share with people that don't have a life cake account. Thank you!

279 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Tammie! So sorry for the delay in responding to this.

To download videos, you can download all your original photos and videos via the ‘Download all’ option in Settings on our Website. Just so you know.

But we will look at downloading individual videos and get back to you!

2. Support common raw files

It would be great if you supported common raw files. I was hoping to use lifecake both to share and backup photos but it's much less useful if I have to convert as well as have a secondary backup to keep my originals safe

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Photoframe mode

Hi,
    Really like the app, great idea and nice and simple to use! One thing I think would be nice would be the ability to view all the photos full screen automatically, as you would on a digital photo frame, and not just for tablets - I'd use it on my tablet at home but on my phone at work while docked on my desk.
    Keep up the good work!
    Liam

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Liam! So sorry for the delay in responding.

Last year we had a slideshow feature – when you shake your iPhone or iPad – but we will be improving this in the next weeks. And we’ll update you here when it’s in the App Store and it would be great to get your feedback :-)

4. When you untick another family members added child, the associated comments should disappear as well as pics

Once you have accepted an invitation from a family member to add their child to your timeline you see their pictures and comments alongside your own. If you just want to then view your own childs pics you can untick any other child names and the pics disappear leaving just your child, but all their comments are still there.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show the names of family alongside their accounts

I added my parents (who have a single email account) as Granny and Grandad. When they logged in they then chose a name (my Dad Michael used his). We just got a notification saying that Michael loves a photo which freaked me out as I had shared it with Granny and Grandad - not Michael... so long story short I suggest you either add the identifiers we create in brackets every time a user notification is raised ie Michael (Granny and Grandad) loves this photo of <childname>, Or in the share screen when I login you show the name they…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Buy Videos

It would be great if you can make and order videos....just an idea

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it so user can "highlight" milestones

It would be cool if we could bookmark or highlight days that have milestones such as first steps, first visit to, etc. Can that be done in the near future?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi! Thanks so much for the great suggestion.

We’re thinking alike :-) We have plans to create a set of milestones in a life which really stand out. And we’ll keep you posted.

We’d love to hear in the meantime if you would prefer to mark an entire day as a milestone – and highlight it as such in the timelines – or be able to highlight a specific piece of content as a milestone (e.g. a certain photo, story or video).

Thanks!

8. View pictures and video in a calendar view rather than timeline

As I put in more pictures and videos, I'm noticing that many are being put in the bottom row (hidden) until I click on it. Can you look into making a Calendar view by Month/Year to make things easier to find? Maybe make 1 picture the cover of the day in the month.. ?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add the # (hashtag) system

It would be great if you could implement the # feature so as to be able to keep photos organized by # such as #location, #event, #holiday, #familynames, etc..

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the great suggestion, David!

You can currently tag things on our Website and we’ll be adding that to our search soon. And we’ll be adding more tagging and searching in other apps soon. We want you to be able to relive any moment with your family and kids in seconds. So stay tuned!

10. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Perhaps add a last initial to the name for a member that is commenting on a photo when there are duplicate names on one account.

For example I have an Aunt Mary and a Grandma Mary. When either of them comments or likes a photo, it just says 'Mary commented on a new photo.' So it can be tricky to figure out which Mary had left a message. Is it possible to add a last initial--Mary R ?? Or maybe when a new member accepts an invite and they have a duplicate name, they could be prompted to type how they could be identified--'Aunt Mary' for example. I have to say though, my entire family ADORES lifecake :) thank you lifecake team!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a really interesting idea, Christina! We’ll have a think about how we can do this.

In the meantime, if you get the latest version of lifecake from the App Store, if you tap on the ‘Share with Family’ section, you can then see all your family. If you tap on one of them – maybe Grandma Mary – you can give them a nickname. Only you will see this, but it might at least help you distinguish the two for the time being!

Thanks for the great idea – we’ll get back on this one.

12. Make some family viewers only

Can you invite family that you want to view your content but not be able to comment on it?

829 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  70 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support tags from other packages (Photoshop elements, Flickr etc...)

I currently tag and star my photos in Photoshop elements and then upload into Flickr where I put the best photos into sets. Would be great if you could import these. (> 3 stars = lifecake favourite?) I currently use Photobox's Flickr integration to import sets into their albums for printing. 1-1 mapping between sets and albums makes it easy for me to find photos to print.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks, Jon! Part of our mission is to save people time, so we will definitely have a think about how we can inherit the work you do elsewhere when you import content, as long as those services share that information. (Unfortunately some apps are not so generous. We’ve seen quite a few apps that delete titles and dates from photos when exporting :-(

Just to show you that we’re already thinking as you do, when you use our Desktop Uploader (available for free from our Website), if you drag in folders from your computer, we automatically tag content with the name of that folder. So, for example, if you drag in a folder called ‘Spain holiday’ to upload, we will tag all those photos with ‘Spain holiday’, so you can find them easily in lifecake.

We’ll let you know when we have anything updated on this!

14. Fave a comment

When someone posts a comment you like, it would be nice if you could like it or fave it.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Select all

I need to be able to select all photos in a picasa folder at once without having to click

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Greg! Thanks a lot for the idea.

We’ve had a few requests to make it easier to bring everything over from Picasa (or Facebook or Instagram). We’re looking into the best way to do this, and we’ll let you know when we’ll have that.

Please keep the great ideas coming!

Nick from the Lifecake team

16. Add the ability to tag or group stories

For example you can group stories by Baby / Toddler's first such as first tooth, first tricycle ride etc. or group things like measurements i.e. height/weight etc.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Jerry!

Great idea. We started testing something similar on our Website (where you can add tags and also search by titles of events).

But we are planning on adding easy tagging on all our apps and also enabling the ability to easily search for a moment or group of moments which share something similar (like all major milestones).

We’ll keep you posted as we get closer on this!

Please keep the great lifecake ideas coming!

Nick from Team Lifecake

17. The online version does not display used space + video quality

As it says in the title. Would be great if the site showed how much space Iv'e used up :)

Would be nice if you could do better video-quality also, understand that this comes at a cost, but that could be a VIP feature! I tend to put more and more video on your site as requested by all grandparents :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi! Thanks so much for the suggestion and apologies for the delay in responding.

In our mobile apps we currently display how much space has been used, and we’ll be adding this to our Website as soon as possible – we absolutely agree it’s important.

In terms of video quality, we actually store videos in full quality (so if you ever choose to download your content and leave lifecake, you will have full quality originals). We do, though, display slightly lower quality videos, so they are faster to download for the grandparents. Are you keen to have higher quality videos shown, even if it might take the grandparents a bit longer to view?

Thanks a lot for your great suggestions! We LOVE feedback :-)

Nick from Team lifecake

18. Enable comments to be hidden from family members who don't get along

My family are really enjoying lifecake and love posting comments on my photos. However my parents are divorced and don't like reading each others comments.

Could you introduce a privacy option so I could keep comments hidden from different family members, or only allow them to see my comments or their own and not each others?

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. allow multiple invites at once

I would like to add multiple friends and family once rather than having to invite separately. Although I would like to add a personal message, it is a generic one to everyone I want to add.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Lawrence! Thanks for the suggestion.

Do you see a username as better so you don’t have to give your email address?

The reason we didn’t introduce usernames originally was because we got feedback from customers that they didn’t want to have to remember yet another username (as well as a password) for a service. With an email, it’s much easier to remember.

So it would be good to understand your thoughts on how this would make things easier for people.

Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base