General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Portrait mode to view pictures in iPad

Need portrait mode on iPad

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Ed! Thanks a lot for this and sorry for the delay in responding. This is definitely a feature we’d like to add in the future, and we will update here when we have it.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

2. An automatic populate for the hardcopy book that can be purchased.

Each page is essentially a screen grab of how each date is already presented on this great app. Setting the start and end dates defining the size of the book. A beautiful, easy to create gift for non tech savy family...in my case great/grandparents. Fantastic work... our whole family loves this facility. Well Done!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Manage duplicated photos uploaded from various devices

Through our recent experience using your very beautiful application life-cake we had some ideas:

If the program could recognize the duplicated pictures if they were uploaded from different devices and gave notification about that to prevent this issue.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Ruaa! Thanks for the feedback.

We’d really like to recognise duplicates in the future and make this whole process easier to manage. We don’t have a timeframe for that, but we will update here when it’s coming.

Thanks for your patience!

4. have a form for capturing some specific information about the baby.

There should be a standard form to capture some specific information of the baby's life, such as day (as well as date) and time of birth, height and weight at birth (and perhaps monthly intervals), location of birth, gender, eye colour and hair colour. I know this can be done through notes, but a standard form that creates a specific nicely-formatted entry (or entries in terms of height/weight) plus photos would be quite nice. I know some of the journals available can collect data on amount of sleep/playing etc. but that's a bit too far into the realms of a…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mark! This is a great idea. You’re right in that today many people do this via our ‘stories’ feature but we could significantly improve the experience here. We’re exploring this idea of ‘milestones’ – we have a D.O.B marker but could expand it to include many of the key facts & stats you mention.

We definitely plan to add this in the future, and we will update here when we have it.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

5. Please make your books more customisable, with the option to include all content!

Hi!
    I'm a big fan of the look and functionality of the LifeCake website and app! Ultimately, I'm looking to print content in a book though, so I'm still waiting on some features and hope you'll consider adding them in the future. Specifically, it'd be great if all content, including stories and comments, could be included and there was an option for multiple pictures/stories per page.
    I recently stumbled across My Social Book and would love being able to print books of a similar look from LifeCake. Do you think your books will deliver similar features in the future?

413 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Johana! So sorry for the delay in responding, but we’re glad you’re enjoying the app and Website.

We do want to provide more options in our photobooks in the future for sure. Right now we’re focusing on customer requests within our app and Website, though, so we’re unsure when we will have this. But we will update this as soon as we do.

And in the meantime, just so you know: we have an option on our Website in Settings to ‘Download all’. With this you can download all your content – in full quality and in monthly, organised folders – so you can still print books on other sites in the time being.

Thanks for your patience and your feedback!

6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add option to include audio files

I have audio files of my daughter singing laughing cooing as a baby. I'd like it if these audio files can be added and date stamped in the timeline like everything else

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, and apologies for the delay in responding!

We’ve had lots of discussions about this as a team – as we can absolutely see the value – but we’re not sure when we will add this yet. But we will update here when we have news!

8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Khilna! Thanks a lot for the suggestion. We like that song, too :-)

We don’t currently have a specific way to track songs, but for our kids and nephews and nieces we actually use the story option to write the name of the song and any details. (I also added a video of my nephew singing his favourite song -‘Rocket man’ by Elton John – and my other nephew dancing to his favourite song, Kaya).

But we’d love to add even more ways to capture these in the future. Please keep the great suggestions coming!

9. Provide a referral code to invite friends or share on social media

If you want to invite friends to try out Lifecake, but don't have their email address or want to use the automated form, perhaps you could provide a unique referral code or link which they can use when signing up?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI, Meg! So sorry for the delay in responding to this. We’ve been thinking about your suggestion and how to make it easier to invite loved ones.

The challenge is always balancing our need for complete security with the desire to make everything with lifecake fun and easy. The shared link is great for the latter but not as good on the former. But we will keep working on this!

Thanks so much for the great suggestion.

10. Exclude low-resolution images from photo book layouts

If you add photos from e.g. Instagram, the photos are too small to print well in a photo book, so if you auto-populate (e.g. my child's first year) it puts all the images in but with warnings about print quality - you then have to remove each one rather laboriously. It might make sense to exclude any images which are under the required print resolution, or at least allow filtering by size in the drop down underneath the drawer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks, Meg! We usually exclude lower-resolution photos by default, but do you have a lot more than 100? If it’s still showing lower resolution ones even when you have higher quality photos to choose from, then we might need to investigate to make sure we don’t have a bug.

Please let us know if you get a chance. Thanks so much!

11. Allow Video Share

We have options to share pictures or download them back to our phone but our videos have zero options. Once we upload them to your site, we can't do anything with them. Can you add a share to Facebook or YouTube feature or even download back to our phone? I'm using life cake as storage and have found that I can't get any of the video back to my phone to share with people that don't have a life cake account. Thank you!

306 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Tammie! So sorry for the delay in responding to this.

To download videos, you can download all your original photos and videos via the ‘Download all’ option in Settings on our Website. Just so you know.

But we will look at downloading individual videos and get back to you!

12. Support common raw files

It would be great if you supported common raw files. I was hoping to use lifecake both to share and backup photos but it's much less useful if I have to convert as well as have a secondary backup to keep my originals safe

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Photoframe mode

Hi,
    Really like the app, great idea and nice and simple to use! One thing I think would be nice would be the ability to view all the photos full screen automatically, as you would on a digital photo frame, and not just for tablets - I'd use it on my tablet at home but on my phone at work while docked on my desk.
    Keep up the good work!
    Liam

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Liam! So sorry for the delay in responding.

Last year we had a slideshow feature – when you shake your iPhone or iPad – but we will be improving this in the next weeks. And we’ll update you here when it’s in the App Store and it would be great to get your feedback :-)

14. When you untick another family members added child, the associated comments should disappear as well as pics

Once you have accepted an invitation from a family member to add their child to your timeline you see their pictures and comments alongside your own. If you just want to then view your own childs pics you can untick any other child names and the pics disappear leaving just your child, but all their comments are still there.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show the names of family alongside their accounts

I added my parents (who have a single email account) as Granny and Grandad. When they logged in they then chose a name (my Dad Michael used his). We just got a notification saying that Michael loves a photo which freaked me out as I had shared it with Granny and Grandad - not Michael... so long story short I suggest you either add the identifiers we create in brackets every time a user notification is raised ie Michael (Granny and Grandad) loves this photo of <childname>, Or in the share screen when I login you show the name they…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Buy Videos

It would be great if you can make and order videos....just an idea

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make it so user can "highlight" milestones

It would be cool if we could bookmark or highlight days that have milestones such as first steps, first visit to, etc. Can that be done in the near future?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi! Thanks so much for the great suggestion.

We’re thinking alike :-) We have plans to create a set of milestones in a life which really stand out. And we’ll keep you posted.

We’d love to hear in the meantime if you would prefer to mark an entire day as a milestone – and highlight it as such in the timelines – or be able to highlight a specific piece of content as a milestone (e.g. a certain photo, story or video).

Thanks!

18. View pictures and video in a calendar view rather than timeline

As I put in more pictures and videos, I'm noticing that many are being put in the bottom row (hidden) until I click on it. Can you look into making a Calendar view by Month/Year to make things easier to find? Maybe make 1 picture the cover of the day in the month.. ?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the # (hashtag) system

It would be great if you could implement the # feature so as to be able to keep photos organized by # such as #location, #event, #holiday, #familynames, etc..

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the great suggestion, David!

You can currently tag things on our Website and we’ll be adding that to our search soon. And we’ll be adding more tagging and searching in other apps soon. We want you to be able to relive any moment with your family and kids in seconds. So stay tuned!

20. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base