General

1. allow name changes for family members

When I signed up my family, my father appeared as "Daddy" as that was his contact name on my phone. Now, there is no way for me to change his name, and he is not my child's father. FURTHERMORE my husband was added to the app using his phone number, and instead of referring to him by his name, it treats him as a 10-digit number.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. tag search

I suggest you add the tag search, and description search

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. have a form for capturing some specific information about the baby.

There should be a standard form to capture some specific information of the baby's life, such as day (as well as date) and time of birth, height and weight at birth (and perhaps monthly intervals), location of birth, gender, eye colour and hair colour. I know this can be done through notes, but a standard form that creates a specific nicely-formatted entry (or entries in terms of height/weight) plus photos would be quite nice. I know some of the journals available can collect data on amount of sleep/playing etc. but that's a bit too far into the realms of a…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Mark! This is a great idea. You’re right in that today many people do this via our ‘stories’ feature but we could significantly improve the experience here. We’re exploring this idea of ‘milestones’ – we have a D.O.B marker but could expand it to include many of the key facts & stats you mention.

We definitely plan to add this in the future, and we will update here when we have it.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

4. Add an API so that photos can be viewed remotely

I want to build a connected photoframe for my childs grandparents that cycles through the photos for my child (favouring those liked by them) and shows the latest photos automatically when they are added by me. The frame becomes a viewing window to the lifecake photos - maybe even add a like button to the frame too.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. support uploading from flickr

Do you plan to support flickr in the near future?

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add expected date of birth and actual date of birth

My baby was born 2 weeks before his due date. Now all the pre birth pictures and notes are off by 2 weeks. If I fix that part then his after birth pictures are off by 2 weeks :(. I think this is a must solve. I love the app and use it all the time but if this doesn't get fixed I might need to look for something else.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi.

Sorry for the delayed response on this. It has been a much needed feature. It is now available on Android – you can set your gestation period – and we’ll be brining the same over to iOS and Web very soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Ed

7. 34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Photoframe Integration

I recently purchased a Pix-Star Wifi photo frame for all of my family members. The beauty of the frame is that it can automatically receive updates to the frame but having the photos sent to an email address. I find that when I post to Lifecake, I often have to separately email the photos to updates the frame. It would be wonderful if posted photos could emailed and "reflected" to an address attached to a family member. It would be amazing to add this integration or suggest a way I could receive updates to a photo frame. Alternatively, if Lifecake…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Josh! So sorry that there was a delay in responding to your suggestion.

We’re looking into how we can enable customers to integrate into photoframes in a simple way. And we’ll update in here when we know more.

In terms of Dropbox, you can actually import from Dropbox on your computer browser, iPhone/iPad or Android in the Lifecake app. It’s an option when you click or tap on +. Just let us know if you have any issues with this.

Have a great day!

9. 30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable deleting other children from account

''Can you please remove the Other Children from my account? I only want to see my children. It would be great if this ability was given to people to manage their own accounts.''

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Choose who can download content and who cannot

It would be nice to be able to select who is able to download content and who cannot. For example, I would like to select which users can download the entire library and individual images. This would be very useful as some viewers of my library I dont want having complete access to download the library

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow grouping of photos/stories under a heading

Make it possible to create a heading, e.g. Freddie's First Christmas or Trip to the Seaside, and then make groups of photos/stories appear under the heading.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Alexandra! Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the delayed response. The team talk about this concept a lot – it idea of being able introduce ‘chapters’ or ‘phases’ to the timeline. We don’t yet have any fixed plans to implement this but will be doing a lot more thinking in this area.

- Ed, The Lifecake Team

15. slideshows

Slideshows should be available for Android and on the website.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Samantha! We cannot wait to add Flashbacks (slideshow’s new name) to Android. We plan to start building this function into the app this coming quarter. Thanks for the feedback! Ed

16. Allow me to see when those invited to view my child's photos have last logged in

I would like to be able to see when friends and family have last logged in to view my child's photos.
    I would like to remove inactive accounts without having to put my uninterested family or friends in the awkward position of answering me when I ask if they go on or not.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create video slideshows

I use Animoto to pull together slideshows that have some pretty cool transition effects. These can then be packaged up and sent out or shared online as video files.

Could you do this as a new way of distributing photos alongside photobooks. You could still charge for the service as Animoto do.

Many thanks

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks, Vince! We like how you think :-)

We’ve been thinking a lot in this area and testing certain ideas. We’ll let you know when we have something.

Two questions we have:
    Audio: Do you prefer your own narration or music on slideshows, generally?
    Recipients: Do you have people you email content (of your child) to, that wouldn’t be on lifecake? Or would you share this within lifecake?

Thanks!

Nick

P.S. Just a little tip: if you shake your phone while lifecake is running, you’ll get a little slideshow of the moments we think you like best. Can’t send it yet, but that’s next.

18. Change time stamp for content

When I post multiple pictures from the same day, they don't always get ordered properly. I'd like to be able to fix the time for individual pictures so that they will show up in chronological order. Thanks!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Major event

I'd like to set up a video and / or image as important event (example: the first tooth) and review them in a separate section, without having to search in the timeline.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fave a comment

When someone posts a comment you like, it would be nice if you could like it or fave it.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base