General

1. I would like to see the timeline label move along chronologically by Baby's age

Instead of having the timeline label be based on how many days or weeks ago the photo was uploaded, it would be more helpful to be labeled according to Baby's age as of the date of the photo (i.e. two weeks old, one month old, 6 weeks old, one year old, etc.).

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Caroline! Thanks for the suggestion – and sorry we’re not getting back to you sooner. We will continue to add platforms from where you can import to Lifecake. We don’t yet have a schedule for OneDrive but we’ll let you know when we do.

- Ed, The Lifecake Team.

3. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support common raw files

It would be great if you supported common raw files. I was hoping to use lifecake both to share and backup photos but it's much less useful if I have to convert as well as have a secondary backup to keep my originals safe

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add sound

It would be great to be able to publish sound recordings : my daughter singing, my baby drinking, ... With mobile phone, we have voice recorder app included, so...

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! As much of our team came from Skype, we have a special fondness for audio. And we are looking to do something quite unique with audio in the future.

But in the meantime we can look to support basic audio recordings, as they are indeed lovely and powerful.

Thanks!

6. Add drag and drop to reorganise timeline photos

So the extra shots in the drawer below the timeline can be dragged onto the timeline to replace those selected automatically. But when I drag a replacement photo from the drawer to the timeline, there is a pre-determined order that the photos are displayed in. This is actually a bit annoying! It would be far better if I could drag and drop the exact image I want from the drawer and onto the exact thumbnail where I'd like it displayed.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re so sorry about the delay in responding on this, James. We are looking at our Website and looking to change quite a few things, and we’ll update here when we have a test version. We’d love to get everyone’s feedback!

7. Provide a referral code to invite friends or share on social media

If you want to invite friends to try out Lifecake, but don't have their email address or want to use the automated form, perhaps you could provide a unique referral code or link which they can use when signing up?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI, Meg! So sorry for the delay in responding to this. We’ve been thinking about your suggestion and how to make it easier to invite loved ones.

The challenge is always balancing our need for complete security with the desire to make everything with lifecake fun and easy. The shared link is great for the latter but not as good on the former. But we will keep working on this!

Thanks so much for the great suggestion.

8. When you untick another family members added child, the associated comments should disappear as well as pics

Once you have accepted an invitation from a family member to add their child to your timeline you see their pictures and comments alongside your own. If you just want to then view your own childs pics you can untick any other child names and the pics disappear leaving just your child, but all their comments are still there.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Compare children at at same age ie both my children when they were 4 months

We all like to see the comparison of our children when they were the same age would be a great addition to the new then & now . Us at the same age !

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for this suggestion and so sorry for the delay. We have talked about this in the team a lot in the past – we’d love to do this – and it’s something we’re evaluating. We’ll update here when we know more about this.

Please keep the suggestions coming!

10. Add option to include audio files

I have audio files of my daughter singing laughing cooing as a baby. I'd like it if these audio files can be added and date stamped in the timeline like everything else

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, and apologies for the delay in responding!

We’ve had lots of discussions about this as a team – as we can absolutely see the value – but we’re not sure when we will add this yet. But we will update here when we have news!

11. Give admins control over notification defaults

The admin (me) should set up the notification defaults for people whom I add. My mom and dad and other elderly relatives aren't technologically savvy, and so when I add them, they'll get notifications on their smartphones as well as an email. I know them well enough to know that they don't want both, so it would be kind of nice if I could remotely set their notification preferences with an understanding that they could make changes if they decided to figure out how to do that.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow lifecakes for Friends and Family

Its great that you can easily show the photos of a set or individual children, but wouldn't it make sense to have the parents and other family members or friends identified/filterable as well?

I suppose I could add them as 'another child', but they might not be so keen on having their age displayed as a constant reminder of the decrepitude (I am including myself here).

I suppose tags could be used, but I like the idea of seeing their little photo and selecting them.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks, Adam! We actually made the dates go way back in time, so people could do exactly that: create lifecakes for older family members. (One of our team is actually creating a lifecake for his grandpa for his 90th birthday present this summer :-)

But we hadn’t thought about the birthdate being something people might not want to advertise, Good point! We will have a think about that at our team dinner on Monday and see what we can think of.

Keep the great ideas coming!

13. Mobile 'Slide Show' View

On the iPhone app, allow seamless, fast viewing of pictures through a traditional chronological slide show view - ie, no delay when you switch days (similar to the facebook mobile photo viewer)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion!

We actually have a slideshow mode, but just to see your ten favourite photos. To see this, start lifecake and shake your iPhone (or iPad), and we will show what we think are your ten favourite photos. Shake it again, and see ten more.

But we’ll look into having a slideshow mode for the whole timeline!

14. Ages shown

I love seeing the age of my child in the pics (years, months, days), but would really also like to see the ages for each of my kids that are in the photos.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. I assume you are referring to Detail View here. It’s a really interesting request – our only fear is that it could potentially ‘clutter’ the view a little. Let’s see how our users vote on this – if it gets good traction we’ll certainly prioritise.

Thanks,
    The Lifecake team.

15. Story text format

I'm afraid that I don't like how the stories display since the new update - it used to show a nice overview in attractive italic text of most of the story and now it shows maybe 3 big words and doesn't look as attractive at all

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi.

Many thanks for this feedback. We do agree that this part of the update requires further work. We’ll ask our designers to get on it and let you know when an update might be available.

Thanks,
    Ed & the Lifecake team.

16. Select all

I need to be able to select all photos in a picasa folder at once without having to click

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Greg! Thanks a lot for the idea.

We’ve had a few requests to make it easier to bring everything over from Picasa (or Facebook or Instagram). We’re looking into the best way to do this, and we’ll let you know when we’ll have that.

Please keep the great ideas coming!

Nick from the Lifecake team

17. Create a search function

Within the iPhone app. I regularly put updates regarding my son's medical condition and would be good to quickly find entries.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Brigid! Thanks very much for this.

We have a search function on our Website, but we hope to make this much more advanced – and eventually included in our apps, too.

Can you share which criteria you’d most like to search by? Title, tag, comment, date, etc?

Thanks!

18. animated preview of videos like googleplus or facebook

When I selected which videos to upload from googleplus, the previews were animated. Now that they're uploaded, the preview thumbnails are all static... I have to click play to see them move.

I liked seeing the many animated thumbnails at once.
    Make this happen in the timeline too.

See google plus or facebook for examples.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Daniel! This is a great idea. We’d love to offer this functionality within our apps. We’ll start investigating how we can best make this happen. Have a great day! Ed

19. comments

It would be nice if user could configure comments to show when in the timeline view instead of having to drill into a particular photo. Maybe when mouse over comment icon on desktop or touch pic on mobile devices.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jim! Thanks a lot for this. It’s a really interesting idea that could certainly have a place on the bigger screen – tablets, computer. We’re unable to tackle it now but let’s see how it gets on in the voting.

20. allow title/description for a group of photos

If you are updating a bunch of memories from a single event (e.g. day at the beach), it would be nice if you could add a title and/or description for the whole group of photos, rather than having to title each photo. The title for the group could also be displayed on the timeline (perhaps with an on/off toggle) so you could quickly know where the photos were from.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a lot, Jed. We’ve discussed this quite a lot as a team before – some of us have wanted exactly this when we’ve been adding events to our kids’ lifecakes.

We are not sure when we might have this, but we will keep you updated when it might be coming.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base