General

1. Download photos for a specific period

Can we download the photos for a selected period only? Since I look from the site that we can either download each photo individually or all, but not for a selected period.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Major event

I'd like to set up a video and / or image as important event (example: the first tooth) and review them in a separate section, without having to search in the timeline.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Creating Albums

It would be nice to have the option of creating albums, which would be a way to organize some picture into sets of common topics.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Patrice! So sorry for the delay in responding.

We are planning a better system with tagging which will enable you to do exactly this. We will update you when we have more information.

Thanks, and have a great day!

4. Allow me to see when those invited to view my child's photos have last logged in

I would like to be able to see when friends and family have last logged in to view my child's photos.
    I would like to remove inactive accounts without having to put my uninterested family or friends in the awkward position of answering me when I ask if they go on or not.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create video slideshows

I use Animoto to pull together slideshows that have some pretty cool transition effects. These can then be packaged up and sent out or shared online as video files.

Could you do this as a new way of distributing photos alongside photobooks. You could still charge for the service as Animoto do.

Many thanks

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks, Vince! We like how you think :-)

We’ve been thinking a lot in this area and testing certain ideas. We’ll let you know when we have something.

Two questions we have:
    Audio: Do you prefer your own narration or music on slideshows, generally?
    Recipients: Do you have people you email content (of your child) to, that wouldn’t be on lifecake? Or would you share this within lifecake?

Thanks!

Nick

P.S. Just a little tip: if you shake your phone while lifecake is running, you’ll get a little slideshow of the moments we think you like best. Can’t send it yet, but that’s next.

6. Different Notification Settings Per Child

Have a different setting for every child following. I have started following a friend's child in addition to my own. I like being notified daily about things for my child, but only want the weekly update for my friend's child. Can we have notification settings be different for every child?

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. IFTTT

could you integrate IFTTT reciepes ? it would be so nice !
    exemple : auto add to lifecake pics you add on a facebook album
    etc...

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change time stamp for content

When I post multiple pictures from the same day, they don't always get ordered properly. I'd like to be able to fix the time for individual pictures so that they will show up in chronological order. Thanks!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make a digital photo frame.

It would be great for Lifecake to integrate with a current digital photo frame manufacturer or make your own photo frame that has the same settings as the app. My wife takes and posts hundreds of photos and it would be great for my grandmother to have them show up without me ha ring to download and update a separate database.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change the default notification setting

Lifecake's default notification should NOT automatically assume each profile wants to see every picture and comment that is uploaded for each child. This is completely asinine. Your notification instantly becomes trash in my eyes because you do nothing but spam my email inbox.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fave a comment

When someone posts a comment you like, it would be nice if you could like it or fave it.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Manage duplicated photos uploaded from various devices

Through our recent experience using your very beautiful application life-cake we had some ideas:

If the program could recognize the duplicated pictures if they were uploaded from different devices and gave notification about that to prevent this issue.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Ruaa! Thanks for the feedback.

We’d really like to recognise duplicates in the future and make this whole process easier to manage. We don’t have a timeframe for that, but we will update here when it’s coming.

Thanks for your patience!

13. Embed video links to YouTube

If we already have videos on YouTube, would it be possible to add them to the lifecake just by embedding a link - this might be easier as videos can take a long time to upload, download, etc. We don't store all of our videos locally (some are posted directly from the phone to YouTube), which then makes them hard to get on to Lifecake.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Nick! This is a really interesting idea.

Our vision for lifecake is to be the oen single story of all the moments in our child’s life. One safe place where everything lives – whether the content was on the phone, your tablet, our computer or even on the Web.

Later this month we plan to enable importing directly from online sites like Flickr or Picasa or Facebook, so you don’t have to download from these sites and then upload again to lifecake. Youtube might also be one.

We plan to hold the content so that you have the comfort of knowing everything is safe in on one place, but we will also explore displaying content which might be held elsewhere. We will check into this and get back to you.

Thanks!

Nick

14. Amazon Echo Show

If like to beam my lifecake photos to my Amazon Echo Show. There currently doesn't seem to be an option and so I'd love to know

1. Could you add it was a feature

2. Is there anything I can do in the mean time? MRSS? RSS? API?

Thanks

TG

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow me to opt out of Time Warp

I don’t see the point of Time Warp. I do like notifications of new photos and videos, but it is disappointing to think there is something new when it is just urging me to check for a Time Warp. I would like to turn it off.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "Download All" should also download stories and comments (not just photos/videos)

Currently, "Download All" downloads only photos and videos. It would be nice if there was an option to include stories and/or comments when downloading all content. Some stories are just as important as photos.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Lifecake not showing up in "share to apps"

Normally when I open a photo on my phone, lifecake is listed among the list of apps that I can share the photo with. Starting today, it is not in the list. This is true for my husband as well.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create calendars from the Lifecake Web

''Just can't find the calender link on my Lifecake homepage, just the book.''

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow download of multiple pictures at once (download selection)

It would be great to download a selection of photos at once and not have to download every photo individually

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base