General

1. Download photos for a specific period

Can we download the photos for a selected period only? Since I look from the site that we can either download each photo individually or all, but not for a selected period.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manage duplicated photos uploaded from various devices

Through our recent experience using your very beautiful application life-cake we had some ideas:

If the program could recognize the duplicated pictures if they were uploaded from different devices and gave notification about that to prevent this issue.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Ruaa! Thanks for the feedback.

We’d really like to recognise duplicates in the future and make this whole process easier to manage. We don’t have a timeframe for that, but we will update here when it’s coming.

Thanks for your patience!

3. Embed video links to YouTube

If we already have videos on YouTube, would it be possible to add them to the lifecake just by embedding a link - this might be easier as videos can take a long time to upload, download, etc. We don't store all of our videos locally (some are posted directly from the phone to YouTube), which then makes them hard to get on to Lifecake.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Nick! This is a really interesting idea.

Our vision for lifecake is to be the oen single story of all the moments in our child’s life. One safe place where everything lives – whether the content was on the phone, your tablet, our computer or even on the Web.

Later this month we plan to enable importing directly from online sites like Flickr or Picasa or Facebook, so you don’t have to download from these sites and then upload again to lifecake. Youtube might also be one.

We plan to hold the content so that you have the comfort of knowing everything is safe in on one place, but we will also explore displaying content which might be held elsewhere. We will check into this and get back to you.

Thanks!

Nick

4. 19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show children side by side at same age

Hi
    It would be great if I could show the timelines of both of my children side-by-side, so I can see photos of each at the same age, even though they are 4 years apart. Or filter by child age or something so the timeline shows photos in child age order rather than in date order. I want to see what my daughter looked like at age 1 next to my son at the same age.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Creating Albums

It would be nice to have the option of creating albums, which would be a way to organize some picture into sets of common topics.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Patrice! So sorry for the delay in responding.

We are planning a better system with tagging which will enable you to do exactly this. We will update you when we have more information.

Thanks, and have a great day!

8. Different Notification Settings Per Child

Have a different setting for every child following. I have started following a friend's child in addition to my own. I like being notified daily about things for my child, but only want the weekly update for my friend's child. Can we have notification settings be different for every child?

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. IFTTT

could you integrate IFTTT reciepes ? it would be so nice !
    exemple : auto add to lifecake pics you add on a facebook album
    etc...

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change the default notification setting

Lifecake's default notification should NOT automatically assume each profile wants to see every picture and comment that is uploaded for each child. This is completely asinine. Your notification instantly becomes trash in my eyes because you do nothing but spam my email inbox.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow me to opt out of Time Warp

I don’t see the point of Time Warp. I do like notifications of new photos and videos, but it is disappointing to think there is something new when it is just urging me to check for a Time Warp. I would like to turn it off.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Download All" should also download stories and comments (not just photos/videos)

Currently, "Download All" downloads only photos and videos. It would be nice if there was an option to include stories and/or comments when downloading all content. Some stories are just as important as photos.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please stop giving false "magic link" error messages

Short version: Family members of mine couldn't log in using the "magic link" on the iphone app, and I discovered they hadn't been looking at photos for a long while for that reason. They could have logged in to the app by other means, but it was also reasonable for them to rely on the so-called "magic link" method that you promote and advertise.

They clicked within the Lifecake app to get the magic link, and it got sent to their email, but they don't use Apple's native iphone mail app; they use Yahoo's mail app for iphone. And clicking…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like to see the timeline label move along chronologically by Baby's age

Instead of having the timeline label be based on how many days or weeks ago the photo was uploaded, it would be more helpful to be labeled according to Baby's age as of the date of the photo (i.e. two weeks old, one month old, 6 weeks old, one year old, etc.).

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include adding the dates of the photos in the new photobook

''the previous photobook let you display the dates and captions from your pictures in the book, in fact it did this automatically. I'd been through captioning pictures, but the new book doesn't show any of these, or the dates which is one of the key reasons why i'd use lifecake for a photobook over another provider. ''

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disable favouriting/liking content

''Please make the option to turn off favouriting.''

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Build a version which works on a Samsung Smart TV.

I see that Facebook has a smart tv version of their app. It would be great if Likecake had a similar facility.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. give more room for picture titles

Since many of us (including me) pay for the premium version, I would love to have more than 50 characters for the titles :) I would also LOVE to be able to add titles during upload :-D

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow the ability to download a selection of photos

Rather than only being allowed to download all photos or download one by one, I'd like to be able to download a selection of photos. If we take a trip and I want to download only pictures from the trip, or I go through and select all the pictures with our family dog that I want to download, etc., this would be a great feature to have.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Title of photos - please make it more than 50 characters

Before some of the most recent app updates, Lifecake allowed you to add a title to photos and videos with no restrictions on the amount of words. Now we are limited to 50 characters which is extremely restrictive. Why the change? In years to come we will want to remember who was in the photo with our child and where it was taken and for what occasion. Please bring back unlimited characters for titles - and for comments. Thanks

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base