General

1. have option to view date picture was taken and age of child and then the photos - like the format of Peekaboo Moments

In the past I have used Peekaboo Moments, but really like that you all are good about reading our concerns and addressing them. I am willing to make the switch, but would love to see the view look more like Peekaboo Moments. IMHO the current format on iphone doesn't give as much detail as I would like to see. Also it would be awesome to be able to add stickers to images like in Tinybeans.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View favourite / liked photos

I know there are notifications when people click on the heart button but I am wondering if you could add a tab or just something within the existing search function to view these photo's only? Both in the app and on the website, it would be good to view all the photo's that people have liked and then even filter it by child too.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Nick! We think this is a great idea and something we must have. We don’t yet have a timescale but we’ll be sure to update here when this feature is available.

Thanks for your patience in the mean time!

3. Buy Videos

It would be great if you can make and order videos....just an idea

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add landscape mode for typing comments

Hi! Would you be able to make the app able to turn into landscape mode to make typing easier?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please keep draggable target while photos are uploading

Right now once you drag the first picture or movie the draggable target disappears (replaced with status of current uploads). Please keep an area of the screen targetable so we can drag more pictures without having to close the window and open another one.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to have Description/title shown on photo timeline

As you look at the Photoi in the timeline, it would be nice to be able to see the description/title as a caption under the image. This way you don't have to click on the image to see it. You should be able to turn this on and off for each photo.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. web version like button in the flow

Great that you made the flow in the web version scrolling from top to bottom!

I would like to have the possibility to click like in the flow and and comments without click the big image.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Stefan. We LOVE this idea. Let’s ask others to vote on it and if it gets some traction we’ll definitely look to prioritise.

Thanks,
    Ed & the Lifecake team

8. Portrait mode to view pictures in iPad

Need portrait mode on iPad

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Ed! Thanks a lot for this and sorry for the delay in responding. This is definitely a feature we’d like to add in the future, and we will update here when we have it.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

9. Allow changing/editing of "days, weeks and months"

Instead of having a set "12 weeks" or "day one" you should be able to edit this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Choose thumbnail

I'm just fascinated with this app but pleaseee let us choose the thumbnail we want for each day! thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. View pictures and video in a calendar view rather than timeline

As I put in more pictures and videos, I'm noticing that many are being put in the bottom row (hidden) until I click on it. Can you look into making a Calendar view by Month/Year to make things easier to find? Maybe make 1 picture the cover of the day in the month.. ?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bulk change dates

Hi, I see the date changing feature (though it's super tiny and easy to miss!) but I'd love to be able to change dates in bulk.

I hope you support multiple layouts / re-arranging pictures soon!

Great job so far, the website looks beautiful. My wife will love this!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks very much, Pedro. In the next week we plan to make the date changing – and the tagging to a child – much more visible. You’re right: they are not clear.

As far as changing bulk dates of content, we will assess this. But lifecake should be putting everything in the correct date for you. Every time a file is uploaded with a date format we can’t find or don’t understand, our system adjusts itself to read the new format. Can you tell me where/how you took the photos or videos which are not going to the correct date?

Many thanks for the idea! Keep them coming, please :-)

14. Create separate circles of people for one Lifecake stream.

I would love to share the Lifecake imagery and video with a variety of different friend/family groups in my life, but it would be more appropriate for their communication streams to be separate.

I saw another person on the forum ask if you could hide comments so that one one person didn't have to see the comments of another family member/friend. Having seperate circles could be another way to meet that need. The two people that don't get along would never be in the same circle.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Lawrence! Thanks for the suggestion.

Do you see a username as better so you don’t have to give your email address?

The reason we didn’t introduce usernames originally was because we got feedback from customers that they didn’t want to have to remember yet another username (as well as a password) for a service. With an email, it’s much easier to remember.

So it would be good to understand your thoughts on how this would make things easier for people.

Thanks!

16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support tags from other packages (Photoshop elements, Flickr etc...)

I currently tag and star my photos in Photoshop elements and then upload into Flickr where I put the best photos into sets. Would be great if you could import these. (> 3 stars = lifecake favourite?) I currently use Photobox's Flickr integration to import sets into their albums for printing. 1-1 mapping between sets and albums makes it easy for me to find photos to print.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks, Jon! Part of our mission is to save people time, so we will definitely have a think about how we can inherit the work you do elsewhere when you import content, as long as those services share that information. (Unfortunately some apps are not so generous. We’ve seen quite a few apps that delete titles and dates from photos when exporting :-(

Just to show you that we’re already thinking as you do, when you use our Desktop Uploader (available for free from our Website), if you drag in folders from your computer, we automatically tag content with the name of that folder. So, for example, if you drag in a folder called ‘Spain holiday’ to upload, we will tag all those photos with ‘Spain holiday’, so you can find them easily in lifecake.

We’ll let you know when we have anything updated on this!

18. Create an option to select a default child for uploads.

We have Lifecake accounts for both our son and our cousin's son, and every time we upload a picture we need to select which child it is for. Since we only upload pics for our son (and just view our cousin's son's account every now and then), it would be great if there were an option to make our son the default so we don't need to select him each time we upload.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change the "Story" Font

The font used for the "Story" feature doesn't match the beautiful aesthetic of the rest of the site. It looks underdeveloped. I recommend changing the font, or allowing users to specify a font and a color.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Perhaps add a last initial to the name for a member that is commenting on a photo when there are duplicate names on one account.

For example I have an Aunt Mary and a Grandma Mary. When either of them comments or likes a photo, it just says 'Mary commented on a new photo.' So it can be tricky to figure out which Mary had left a message. Is it possible to add a last initial--Mary R ?? Or maybe when a new member accepts an invite and they have a duplicate name, they could be prompted to type how they could be identified--'Aunt Mary' for example. I have to say though, my entire family ADORES lifecake :) thank you lifecake team!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a really interesting idea, Christina! We’ll have a think about how we can do this.

In the meantime, if you get the latest version of lifecake from the App Store, if you tap on the ‘Share with Family’ section, you can then see all your family. If you tap on one of them – maybe Grandma Mary – you can give them a nickname. Only you will see this, but it might at least help you distinguish the two for the time being!

Thanks for the great idea – we’ll get back on this one.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base