1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Khilna! Thanks a lot for the suggestion. We like that song, too :-)

We don’t currently have a specific way to track songs, but for our kids and nephews and nieces we actually use the story option to write the name of the song and any details. (I also added a video of my nephew singing his favourite song -‘Rocket man’ by Elton John – and my other nephew dancing to his favourite song, Kaya).

But we’d love to add even more ways to capture these in the future. Please keep the great suggestions coming!

2. Upload multiple photos into a slideshow without having to first import each individual photo.

I love your slideshow option for uploading multiple photos of a single event, like a birthday party. (This feature sets you apart from your competition). But instead of having to upload each image separately and then make a slideshow out of them (thus duplicating the images on my timeline), it would be great to be able to choose several images at once (from iPhoto or wherever you load from) and put them directly into a slideshow...with no duplicate stills.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Joan! So glad you love this feature :-)

Just so we’re sure we understand, are you keen to make slideshows with photos that you don’t want to actually have in your Lifecake timeline?

Thanks for helping us understand.

Nick, from the Lifecake team

3. Upload order is backwards

when uploading photos, it would be very helpful if the order of photos within Lifecake were the same as on my iPhone's camera roll.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! We’ve had a lot of debate about this within the team …and a lot of talking with mums and dads. The overall consensus was that, for speed and convenience purposes, it makes sense for the newest moments to be found at the top. However, let’s see how popular this point is and whether we need to revisit our thinking here. Thanks, Ed

4. Exclude low-resolution images from photo book layouts

If you add photos from e.g. Instagram, the photos are too small to print well in a photo book, so if you auto-populate (e.g. my child's first year) it puts all the images in but with warnings about print quality - you then have to remove each one rather laboriously. It might make sense to exclude any images which are under the required print resolution, or at least allow filtering by size in the drop down underneath the drawer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks, Meg! We usually exclude lower-resolution photos by default, but do you have a lot more than 100? If it’s still showing lower resolution ones even when you have higher quality photos to choose from, then we might need to investigate to make sure we don’t have a bug.

Please let us know if you get a chance. Thanks so much!

5. Sort the "Add Photos and Video" source list by most used, or allow hiding of sources that aren't used.

When adding photos, it would be great to either hide sources that I don't use (like Facebook, Picasa, and Instagram) or to sort the list by most frequently used sources.

I realize that you can just click "All photos and videos" but its still visual clutter for those that don't use those services.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Eugene! Thanks for this suggestion. You make a really good point and we have some ideas about tackling this. Is your default album typically ‘camera roll’ or do you source from other albums equally?

6. Slideshow with music is great but...

every song I selected was copyright . Can you filter so only available songs are shown?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jim! Thanks for the suggestion – it makes total sense and we’ll definitely investigate whether this is possible with a workaround. Today, we’re allowed access to the music you have in iTunes and we’re only given the copyright alert once you make your selection.

Thanks,
    Ed

7. Change the title (tab) text

In Chrome, all you can see is 'lifecake | all your childre' - at least on the tabs on my screen (Win7 laptop) - maybe for tabbed browsers it could just say 'lifecake | <name of child>'?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Emma! Thanks a lot for this.

Currently when you import content into our apps – from the phone, tablet, computer or Web accounts – we automatically put moments into your child(ren)’s timeline(s) at the right date. Is this what you mean?

We do sometimes face issues with detecting the date the moment was captured, as many apps remove or alter this data. Which is frustrating.

Please let us know a bit more about what you’re suggesting, and we’ll get right back to you.

Thanks!

9. Feature to show how the child will age

It would be so cool to have an app feature that ages your child. You can see how close the app comes to when your child actually reaches that age.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base