General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display both age and date - Android

Make it possible, in detail view, to display both age and the date at the same time.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Invite's permissions

I have invited someone to my lifecake posts, just to learn that he could also add pictures, delete mine and do whatever he wants.

Really do not like that idea! Would love to invite more people, but only if I can decide what they can do to the account (definitely not just anything!).

I don't even mind they can add pictures, but I would like to have the control to choose if they are okay to add. I ask my invite to add pictures and I didn't even get a message he added pictures!

Love the app, but only if…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve Web Uploader Stability

When uploading images, the uploader often stalls then fails. Usually I'm uploading using the website on the Chrome browser. Testing of my internet connection shows that I have a 2Mbps upload speed when the uploader has failed. Please improve the stability of the website uploader.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, thank you for this feedback.

We are sorry to hear this. However we are happy to let you know that we are working on improving our uploading process on our website and we hope you will enjoy using Lifecake more soon! Please contact us on support@lifecake.com if you have any questions or feedback for us, we would love to hear them.

Have a great day,
    The Lifecake Team

5. Add drag and drop to reorganise timeline photos

So the extra shots in the drawer below the timeline can be dragged onto the timeline to replace those selected automatically. But when I drag a replacement photo from the drawer to the timeline, there is a pre-determined order that the photos are displayed in. This is actually a bit annoying! It would be far better if I could drag and drop the exact image I want from the drawer and onto the exact thumbnail where I'd like it displayed.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re so sorry about the delay in responding on this, James. We are looking at our Website and looking to change quite a few things, and we’ll update here when we have a test version. We’d love to get everyone’s feedback!

6. Compare two children at the same age

Compare two children at the same age. For example, compare my older sons photos from when he was one month old to our younger sons one month old photo. I love time travel feature you have and think this would be an even more awesome improvement!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include the comment and the author in email notifications like it was before

At some point the emails stopped including the comment and author. Now every time someone says something I have to open he web page/app to see who posted what. Before this change it was very convenient to track all activities in my email and open the app only when I needed to actually do something myself with it. Or maybe make it configurable.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide a referral code to invite friends or share on social media

If you want to invite friends to try out Lifecake, but don't have their email address or want to use the automated form, perhaps you could provide a unique referral code or link which they can use when signing up?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI, Meg! So sorry for the delay in responding to this. We’ve been thinking about your suggestion and how to make it easier to invite loved ones.

The challenge is always balancing our need for complete security with the desire to make everything with lifecake fun and easy. The shared link is great for the latter but not as good on the former. But we will keep working on this!

Thanks so much for the great suggestion.

9. When you untick another family members added child, the associated comments should disappear as well as pics

Once you have accepted an invitation from a family member to add their child to your timeline you see their pictures and comments alongside your own. If you just want to then view your own childs pics you can untick any other child names and the pics disappear leaving just your child, but all their comments are still there.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Then and Now

I really love the Then and Now's that you send to my email. I wish there were a way that you could do them in the timeline or as another option to save the ones that you have sent so we can download them and send them to others who do not have this. Also the adding music is cool but I do not have (nor do I plan on getting) an Iphone it would be cool if we could do it at least on the website.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Compare children at at same age ie both my children when they were 4 months

We all like to see the comparison of our children when they were the same age would be a great addition to the new then & now . Us at the same age !

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for this suggestion and so sorry for the delay. We have talked about this in the team a lot in the past – we’d love to do this – and it’s something we’re evaluating. We’ll update here when we know more about this.

Please keep the suggestions coming!

13. Add option to include audio files

I have audio files of my daughter singing laughing cooing as a baby. I'd like it if these audio files can be added and date stamped in the timeline like everything else

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, and apologies for the delay in responding!

We’ve had lots of discussions about this as a team – as we can absolutely see the value – but we’re not sure when we will add this yet. But we will update here when we have news!

14. Allow users to remove themselves from other albums

If you're added and accept a friends request to join their album and get their updates and images, there is no way to LEAVE that album. You can opt-out of seeing their updates and photos, but without e-Mailing customer support, you can't leave the album entirely.

There should be an option, a quick hit button, to simply leave the album.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. High quality video playback

Allow video play quality without compression,

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Work with Aura Frames or IFTTT

I would like to be able to have all the photos automatically uploaded into my Aura digital frame or work with IFTTT

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show all photos on the computer version at once, as they are displayed on the mobile version

Friends and am often complain they miss photos Ive posted. I think one son for this is the way it is set up where they have to click on the group of photos below the 'film strip'.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give admins control over notification defaults

The admin (me) should set up the notification defaults for people whom I add. My mom and dad and other elderly relatives aren't technologically savvy, and so when I add them, they'll get notifications on their smartphones as well as an email. I know them well enough to know that they don't want both, so it would be kind of nice if I could remotely set their notification preferences with an understanding that they could make changes if they decided to figure out how to do that.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow lifecakes for Friends and Family

Its great that you can easily show the photos of a set or individual children, but wouldn't it make sense to have the parents and other family members or friends identified/filterable as well?

I suppose I could add them as 'another child', but they might not be so keen on having their age displayed as a constant reminder of the decrepitude (I am including myself here).

I suppose tags could be used, but I like the idea of seeing their little photo and selecting them.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks, Adam! We actually made the dates go way back in time, so people could do exactly that: create lifecakes for older family members. (One of our team is actually creating a lifecake for his grandpa for his 90th birthday present this summer :-)

But we hadn’t thought about the birthdate being something people might not want to advertise, Good point! We will have a think about that at our team dinner on Monday and see what we can think of.

Keep the great ideas coming!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base