I suggest you ...

"Download All" should download EVERYONE'S content

Currently, "download all" only gives me the photos/video that I contributed... but I would like to archive everyone's content, not just my own. I would also like this to include the stories/comments.

185 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Cotney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still does not seem resolved. I am very disappointed that it is not possible to download all photos and would be happy to pay for this feature. The prime reason for me to choose for lifecake was the possibility to safely store all pictures and download again. Now I will have to look for another storage option.

• Terin Cremer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to download everyone's photos? I thought I was able to do this a year ago, but now it only appears that I can download my photos. This seems odd since it's my child and I'm the parent on the account and can delete etc. Why wouldn't I be able to download. Please fix this!

• Ade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Possible reasons: First, the owner of the photo is the person that uploaded it. They would be the legal copyright owners. I doubt if LIfecake are that worried about that though. But they are worried about money . I wonder if they apply the same rule if you BUY a photobook from them? So that is more likely to be the reason. If you want it all you have to pay.

• Jenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only that -- but I just went to the costs section and where it says what you get for your annual fee it specifically says "Download All content at any time." False advertising! If I can't download videos that other people uploaded of my child then that is NOT ALL CONTENT.

• Jenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like a completely basic requirement. I'm astounded that as the parent and owner of an account I am unable to download all my child's moments whether uploaded by myself or someone else. In the past I have recommended this app to people as a great resource, but now that I have discovered this HUGE flaw -- I will not recommend it again until this is resolved.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the same question I have. No way to get at a content uploaded to a child's moments (versus ones I upload myself) and I can individually save pictures otherwise but no videos. I would easily buy the additional storage space annually otherwise but doubtful now.

• Sam Rye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, this is absolutely the case.

Feels more like a bug than a feature suggestion. Why would a 'download all' feature on a centralised photo storage app only give you a sub-section of all of the content?

• jccinva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the primary reasons I chose Lifecake. Without this capability, I'm likely to discontinue.

• Shirish Mistry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can achieve "Download All", i.e. everyone's content in our group?

A few months ago, I could do this.

Please assist. Thank you.

• Gina Cushman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an out of state grandma...want to download all my grandson's pictures'. Since I did not add them I have to save them one by one and its time consuming. With permissions/notification/approval from owner I can download all pics or a click and select which pictures' I want.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base