I suggest you ...

Enable comments to be hidden from family members who don't get along

My family are really enjoying lifecake and love posting comments on my photos. However my parents are divorced and don't like reading each others comments.

Could you introduce a privacy option so I could keep comments hidden from different family members, or only allow them to see my comments or their own and not each others?

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Julia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ste commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, it's been more than 3 years. What solution do you have? I suggest to increase the types of permissions.
        Or are you waiting for Julia's parents to get back together? This could also be a solution..

• AdminIpek (Chief Satisfaction Officer, lifecake) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

" I think the best solution is to make the option available to all albums, the user setting up the account can click on the person / invitee and create the suitable setting individually - that way those who want comments can have them, and those who cannot allow them can uncheck that option seems pretty straight forward, no vote needed everyone wins. "

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. You have had this on your plate for three years. Full speed ahead please.

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see the ability to disable comments and to have all members private from each other.

• Kirsty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like the option for all members to be hidden from each other. Some may not like eachother.

I'd also like to choose who sees certain photos e.g. if there is a photo of a grandparent and child, make it so only you and the grandparent can see the photo.

Id like to disable the ability to comment. I know you can delete comments but I don't want to upset people by removing their comments.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this recommendation. Since there are currently only two forms of permissions you cannot restrict comments, participant list views or downloads. This limits who we share with to only a few users instead of a broader audience or both parents.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base