I suggest you ...

Support tags from other packages (Photoshop elements, Flickr etc...)

I currently tag and star my photos in Photoshop elements and then upload into Flickr where I put the best photos into sets. Would be great if you could import these. (> 3 stars = lifecake favourite?) I currently use Photobox's Flickr integration to import sets into their albums for printing. 1-1 mapping between sets and albums makes it easy for me to find photos to print.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminIpek (Chief Satisfaction Officer, lifecake) responded  · 

Thanks, Jon! Part of our mission is to save people time, so we will definitely have a think about how we can inherit the work you do elsewhere when you import content, as long as those services share that information. (Unfortunately some apps are not so generous. We’ve seen quite a few apps that delete titles and dates from photos when exporting :-(

Just to show you that we’re already thinking as you do, when you use our Desktop Uploader (available for free from our Website), if you drag in folders from your computer, we automatically tag content with the name of that folder. So, for example, if you drag in a folder called ‘Spain holiday’ to upload, we will tag all those photos with ‘Spain holiday’, so you can find them easily in lifecake.

We’ll let you know when we have anything updated on this!

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base