I suggest you ...

Make some family viewers only

Can you invite family that you want to view your content but not be able to comment on it?

829 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michelle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

70 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get an update at least as to where this “under review” item stands? Parents/admin should have the ability to limit guests to view only, Lifecake.

• Melissa Carnaggio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please make this happen! I’m sick of having to remove stupid photos my father in law posts that have nothing to do with my kids and his inappropriate comments!

• Cindy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this feature taking so long? So many people have asked for it and it’s a basic feature/setting for any kind of photo album/sharing app!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Lifecake, this is something that can be implemented very easily and has been requested by many people 😠

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

See also this with 119 votes... Looks like its in progress
    "Change permissions assigned to family and friends"

So appreciate seeing our Great Grand Children, each day. The day begins with smiles. This would not happen without Lifecake! Too many miles between Them and us, their Great Grand Parents. Many Thank you's!

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the cake and am glad as a grandparent that I can still "See" my grandson who I rarely get to "SEE".

Definitely need to have admin privileges, medium, and viewer privileges. Having people who don't understand the app who keep uploading random pictures is annoying.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since Canon purchased Lifecake it is clear they don't care about what users actually want/need but their intent is to make money... Canon will never change! Silly me to believe in them!

• Mrs P Farr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

definitely need to enable people to view only. I don't understand why this wasn't an original feature. So easy to implement.

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How stupid must you people be to not have this feature already since 2013? Do you need better developers? Come on its been almost 4 years.

Decided not to use lifecake because of this issue. Such an easy fix, 3 levels of permissions, make level 3 without comment and voila you win plenty customers. Not having the social side of things shoved down our throats is the whole reason people want to use sites like lifecake instead of facebook.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base