I suggest you ...

Make some family viewers only

Can you invite family that you want to view your content but not be able to comment on it?

785 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michelle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Brook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a very important development these days ; essentially, the resulting Lifecake product is for the child. What we DON'T want is people using the comments facility as if it is Facebook, but that's difficult to prevent because it's too natural for Facebook users - we end up with day-to-day conversations in here, which is not the core idea. Those are for Facebook, this is ( the brilliant, and now indispensable ) Lifecake.

• Upasana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Erin , family should be able to comment n like only . The option downloading picture or vedio should b with parents only :) .

• Erin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to disable likes and downloading as well. We want to share pictures with family, but don't want them to be able to take them and make them their own.

• AdminIpek (Chief Satisfaction Officer, lifecake) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really appreciate you taking the time to give this perspective, Adam. It's really helpful for us to understand your situation more.

We'll discuss at one of our team lunches this week and come back with some thoughts. We don't want to promise something we won't deliver soon, so we will get a sense from the team - and also see about votes on the idea from other customers and come back soon.

But in the meantime, thanks again for giving such a helpful perspective on this.

Have a great weekend!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nicholas. Beautiful site! My wife and I love it and definitely find it useful. IMO, not allowing additional permissions is a mistake. As parents we want to be able to allow family to view/comment for two main reasons: 1) We want to maintain control of the images going up in the timeline 2) We want to be sure the quality of images (resolution/shots) are of high caliber (can't trust grand parents with their shaky hands to get quality shots all the time). If were to delete their images once they uploaded they would probably be hurt (so avoiding this situation all together is preferable). Also, people will take photos which we don't think make our baby or us look the best and as the permissions are now, they can then upload those images.

I don't understand why having this additional permission level would create confusion for people. Default it to the current permission and then allow parents to reduce permissions. I think most of your clients will be web savvy users so I can't imagine this will confuse too many people.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want family to be able to add content. Only view and comment. How can I do this?

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base