I suggest you ...

Exclude low-resolution images from photo book layouts

If you add photos from e.g. Instagram, the photos are too small to print well in a photo book, so if you auto-populate (e.g. my child's first year) it puts all the images in but with warnings about print quality - you then have to remove each one rather laboriously. It might make sense to exclude any images which are under the required print resolution, or at least allow filtering by size in the drop down underneath the drawer.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MegP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminIpek (Chief Satisfaction Officer, lifecake) responded  · 

Thanks, Meg! We usually exclude lower-resolution photos by default, but do you have a lot more than 100? If it’s still showing lower resolution ones even when you have higher quality photos to choose from, then we might need to investigate to make sure we don’t have a bug.

Please let us know if you get a chance. Thanks so much!

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MegP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi - thanks for replying. In my child's first year, there are a combination of high res photos, but (unfortunately) quite a lot more instagram pics, between my husband and I. The photo book we're trying to create has the high res pics in it, but is filled out by duds which I need to remove.

It might be helpful if the drawer view shows the resolution warning on the thumbnails - at the moment, you only know a photo is going to be poor print quality by adding it to the book and waiting to see if the exclamation point shows up. It's a bit long-winded!

Feedback and Knowledge Base