I suggest you ...

Upload multiple photos into a slideshow without having to first import each individual photo.

I love your slideshow option for uploading multiple photos of a single event, like a birthday party. (This feature sets you apart from your competition). But instead of having to upload each image separately and then make a slideshow out of them (thus duplicating the images on my timeline), it would be great to be able to choose several images at once (from iPhoto or wherever you load from) and put them directly into a slideshow...with no duplicate stills.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminIpek (Chief Satisfaction Officer, lifecake) responded  · 

Hi, Joan! So glad you love this feature :-)

Just so we’re sure we understand, are you keen to make slideshows with photos that you don’t want to actually have in your Lifecake timeline?

Thanks for helping us understand.

Nick, from the Lifecake team

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For this feature, you could move the slideshow icon I to the + button area (instead of the bottom bar) and then one you hit the slideshow icon, it takes you to your photo roll on your phone and you can choose all the images there to directly load into a slideshow.

• AdminIpek (Chief Satisfaction Officer, lifecake) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks a lot for the information, Joan! We will certainly discuss this and update here when we have a better sense of when this could happen.

Just to be open about our current priorities, we are improving slideshows but in different ways. But we'll see how many votes your suggestion gets and also investigate the effort and then we will prioritise.

Thanks so much for your patience and for your helping us improve Lifecake!

Have a great day :-)

Nick, from the Lifecake team

• Joan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Like imagine a kids birthday party with 30 or so photos...I wouldn't want to populate the timeline with all 30 photos of the birthday party, it would take up so much timeline space, but I don't want just 1 photo either. So to import the 30 birthday party photos directly into a birthday slideshow with music = awesome!

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base