General

1. Show the number of photos

I would highly suggest to add a photo-calculator feature on your app since you offer albums of ~80 pages and one photo per page..

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for animated gifs (like auto awesome from google plus)

We backup all photos (including non child) to Google Plus, and sometimes it creates sweet and beautiful animated photos. I tried to upload to Lifecake and the preview during uploaded was animated, but then once added the gif became static.

Gifs are a standard format already supported by all browsers and mobile phones, please preserve the format for lifecake photos.

198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Eddie. Thanks for the feedback. We definitely could support animated gifs – it is really just a question of where we focus our resources. We’ll keep an eye on the number of votes this gets and shall keep you posted.

- Ed, the Lifecake Team

4. Change time stamp for content

When I post multiple pictures from the same day, they don't always get ordered properly. I'd like to be able to fix the time for individual pictures so that they will show up in chronological order. Thanks!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change the default notification setting

Lifecake's default notification should NOT automatically assume each profile wants to see every picture and comment that is uploaded for each child. This is completely asinine. Your notification instantly becomes trash in my eyes because you do nothing but spam my email inbox.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. have the option to view the age of the child or the date of the photo on the website as is possible in the android app

I really like lifecake and especially like the fact that you can have the age of the child rather than the date of the photo in the app. However, it is disappointing that this is not possible on the website which is the only platform that many family members use. This makes it harder for them to see how old the child is in each photo and see how much they've changed. It would be great if the website functioned like the app in showing either the age of the child or the date the photo was taken. Seeing how…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Gemma. Thanks so much for the feedback. You are completely right – we’re missing a big trick not making more of a child’s age in the web timeline.

So, we’re in the middle of a big update to fix that. It should be ready in the next month.

Thanks,
    Ed

8. Build a version which works on a Samsung Smart TV.

I see that Facebook has a smart tv version of their app. It would be great if Likecake had a similar facility.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Different Notification Settings Per Child

Have a different setting for every child following. I have started following a friend's child in addition to my own. I like being notified daily about things for my child, but only want the weekly update for my friend's child. Can we have notification settings be different for every child?

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make nicknames universal

i think that nicknames set by the parents should be the names that show for anyone looking at the account. For example, if my brother created his account with just his name, Matt, but I put his nickname as Uncle Matt, everyone should see his name as Uncle Matt when he loves a moment or makes a comment.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Sarah! Thanks so much for this (and sorry for the delay in responding). Seems to be getting a lot of votes.

We didn’t do this currently because we know in many families people have their own personal nicknames for people (i.e. ‘Grandma’ for me is ‘Mum’ to my mother). This is our concern with making things universal.

Also, who gets to decide what someone’s nickname is? If it’s personal, then there is no issue. But if it’s universal, then only one person can decide.

Would love to know yours (and anyone else’s) thoughts on this!

- Nick, from the Lifecake team

11. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow users to remove themselves from other albums

If you're added and accept a friends request to join their album and get their updates and images, there is no way to LEAVE that album. You can opt-out of seeing their updates and photos, but without e-Mailing customer support, you can't leave the album entirely.

There should be an option, a quick hit button, to simply leave the album.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. tag search

I suggest you add the tag search, and description search

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hello! It would be very helpful if photos could be uploaded to LifeCake directly from iCloud.

When uploading pictures to the iPad app, I first need to copy the pictures from iCloud to my iPad to be able to upload to LifeCake. It would be easier to be able to do it straight from iCloud.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Let me see what pictures a certain user has favorited

If I want to select a few pictures to print out for grandma, for example, it would be nice if I could see all the pictures she has "hearted".

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow grouping of photos/stories under a heading

Make it possible to create a heading, e.g. Freddie's First Christmas or Trip to the Seaside, and then make groups of photos/stories appear under the heading.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Alexandra! Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the delayed response. The team talk about this concept a lot – it idea of being able introduce ‘chapters’ or ‘phases’ to the timeline. We don’t yet have any fixed plans to implement this but will be doing a lot more thinking in this area.

- Ed, The Lifecake Team

17. Setting privacy

Photos and stories should have 3 levels of privacy: not shared/family/parents. Those who have "parents" level are visible ONLY to parents

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Creating Albums

It would be nice to have the option of creating albums, which would be a way to organize some picture into sets of common topics.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Patrice! So sorry for the delay in responding.

We are planning a better system with tagging which will enable you to do exactly this. We will update you when we have more information.

Thanks, and have a great day!

19. slideshows

Slideshows should be available for Android and on the website.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Samantha! We cannot wait to add Flashbacks (slideshow’s new name) to Android. We plan to start building this function into the app this coming quarter. Thanks for the feedback! Ed

20. Give the ability to make some pics/videos private.

I guess it seems to defeat the purpose is you're using this awesome app to share pics/videos with family and friends. But I also like to be able to store all the pics/videos in one place. Some pics I may not necessarily want to share with everyone that can view the timeline so the option to make some pics/videos private would be great! Either way, I LOVE LifeCake!

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories