General

1. Time Warp on Android

When is Time Warp coming to Android? My family members are able to access it on iOS and the platforms should have feature parity.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please stop giving false "magic link" error messages

Short version: Family members of mine couldn't log in using the "magic link" on the iphone app, and I discovered they hadn't been looking at photos for a long while for that reason. They could have logged in to the app by other means, but it was also reasonable for them to rely on the so-called "magic link" method that you promote and advertise.

They clicked within the Lifecake app to get the magic link, and it got sent to their email, but they don't use Apple's native iphone mail app; they use Yahoo's mail app for iphone. And clicking…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Swipe down on a photo to close the detail view

This seems pretty much standard for all apps that have a photo detail view nowadays, so consider adding the ability to swipe down on a photo to close it and go back to the timeline.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Uploads not working

The app on my iPhone seems to be loading the pictures, however those who I have as viewers are unable to see my uploads. I have tried deleting & uploading again but it still is not working.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    48 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. limit the number of notifications

Recently I've begun multiple notifications per day. This is too much! Please give users a way to limit the number of emails received from Lifecake. One per day is plenty for me, and I especially don't like the notifications that include nothing but advertisements.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Alice & Charles,

Many thanks for your supportive comment, this is very much appreciated. We are working hard to improve the product and we are very happy to hear these feedbacks.

Please do let us know if you have any questions / feedback for us, we would love to hear them.

Thank you,
    The Lifecake Team

7. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't make comments on emails from Lifecake

The automated emails from lifecake have comments like "stunner, diplomats say" or "...area critics claim".
    These comments are nonsensical and unnecessary.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, many thanks for your feedback.

We are very happy to let you know that these comments have been removed from Lifecake notifications.

Hope you will enjoy using Lifecake and please let us know if you have further questions or feedbacks, we would love to hear them!

Have a great day,
    The Lifecake Team

9. Enable adjusting email notifications from iOS app

''it would be nice if you added the option to choose if we want to cancel the option to send us emails when comments are added or photos are added to favourites.''

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Uploads failing in the new iOS app

Since the most recent mobile app update videos and pictures will not upload. Tried multiple times and it always says "upload failed". Please fix so we can keep using the app!!

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  75 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Photobook Customization

Hello,
    I love the Lifecake app and one of the reasons I chose it is due to the capability of creating a photobook. However, after using the app for several months now, I realize that there are significant limitations with the photobooks. You can only put one picture per page and there is a cap at 100 pages. I would like to do a photobook of my son's first year of life, but am not able to do one with the current limitations. Are you going to expand the photobook options to allow multiple pictures on one page and additional…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

You can create photobooks via the Lifecake Web with more than one photo per page. You can also add text and choose the format for your book.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Have a great day,
    The Lİfecake team.

12. Prevent 'uploads paused'

So when you're uploading a few images or a video, particularly over a slower network, it'd be nice if there was a setting to just 'continue uploading until the job is done'.

At the moment you've got to sit there and babysit the process until all uploads have finished. Compare this with a service like Google Photos where it sits in the background and runs til the end.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rob

We do as much here as iOS allows us. If you keep the app in the foreground, the uploads will process (and whilst in upload mode the app doesn’t let the device go to sleep). However, once you move the app into the background, iOS will ‘kill’ the app from running in the background after 3 mins (they do this to everyone’s app – not just ours!). One final point to note is that if your device does go to sleep – on going back into Lifecake, the uploads should ‘take off’ from where you left them (rather than the whole process reinitiating).

Hope this makes sense,
    The Lifecake team.

13. I have a lot of trouble signing in & there seems no way to get customer support. Maybe once in 10, or more, log-in trys can I connect.

Login sometimes blocked. Last visit I resized picture, now I can't resize it back to normal. I'm getting real frustrated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make it easier to see ALL of the pictures

On the main screen, if you click on the photos displayed it brings you to a slideshow, but the slideshow doesn't show all of the pictures. To see additional pics, you have to click the green square beneath the main photo strip. My family is not very tech savvy, so they usually miss these additional photos. It would be a lot better if clicking on the main photo strip brought you to a slideshow that would show all of the uploaded photos.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. allow ordering of individual prints of photos from Lifecake

Would be great if there were a way to order individual prints of photos from the Lifecake app and have them shipped directly to you.

The Lifecake creators could do this a bunch of ways - like by integrating the Walgreens API or working with a company like Shutterfly.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  12 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Language selector

Hi,

is there a way to switch languages in LC? I don't seem to be able to find it if there is.

Interestingly enough the mails I receive from LC are actually held in German while the website is all in English.

Thanks for your help,
    /a

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, thank you for this feedback.

We are happy to announce that we support many languages on Lifecake – such as English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Turkish.. All you need to do is to change your device’s language settings.

For the Apps, please do so from the device’s settings. For the website, please change your browser’s language.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day!
    The Lifecake Team

18. make deleting more then one photo

I wanna first say I LOVE this app. It's great because we have family who dosnt use Facebook so it's great they can see my son grow. I would like to suggest when you want to delete photos that you can delete more than one at a time and after deleting it stays at the point you are at, instead of going all the way back to the beginning and have to find your way back to the section. Thank you!!!

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would like to be able to edit comments.

I made a grammar edit in a comment, and I would like to be able to edit it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, thank you for the feedback.

We are happy to let you know that you can edit your comments on the Lifecake website as well as on the Apps. Hope you enjoy using Lifecake!

Have a great day,
    The Lifecake Team

20. truly allow us to opt out of notifications. .. even when its set to not receive them in settings

I have opted out of notifications in my settings I've checked it 3 or 4 times and yet I still get 75 emails s day saying that someone is commented on a picture... No matter whether I follow the links for the app, going through my laptop, or my phone it says I should not be gettig notifications yet I get a million emails a day... Helpl

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories